Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings y'all,

I have quite a predicament...

I recently purchased and installed the MRT Off-Road downpipe on my '16 Ecoboost Mustang. I had expected there to be smoke coming from the exhaust, at least until the downpipe "broke in". However, it had been about a couple of weeks and there was still a significant amount of white smoke coming out of the exhaust.

I just replaced the stock downpipe and the smoke decreased significantly to the point where it was unnoticeable.

I would like to keep my downpipe, but do not want to deal with the hassle of smoke constantly coming from the exhaust. Not only is it annoying to me, but also to those around me. Plus, it increases the likelihood of me getting pulled over by the cops lol.

Does anyone have any suggestions or information on this matter? Any help would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is a TSB for the smoking issue.

2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com - View Single Post - Blue smoke out of exhaust

If you are stock you can take the car to Ford and have the TSB done or pickup the updated PCV/Oil separator FR3Z-6A785-C and install yourself.

This is the part you would need. Separator Assembly - Oil | Genuine Ford | FR3Z-6A785-C : Genuine Factory OEM Parts & Accessories | TascaParts.com

you would need to remove the intake manifold to get to the part and replace.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a TSB for the smoking issue.

2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com - View Single Post - Blue smoke out of exhaust

If you are stock you can take the car to Ford and have the TSB done or pickup the updated PCV/Oil separator FR3Z-6A785-C and install yourself.

This is the part you would need. Separator Assembly - Oil | Genuine Ford | FR3Z-6A785-C : Genuine Factory OEM Parts & Accessories | TascaParts.com

you would need to remove the intake manifold to get to the part and replace.

PewterCam,

Thank you for the response. If I take the car to Ford, how do I explain to them what I need to be done?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
6,434 Posts
PewterCam,

Thank you for the response. If I take the car to Ford, how do I explain to them what I need to be done?

Thanks in advance.
Just tell them you would like the TCB done and that the updated PCV/Oil separator FR3Z-6A785-C be installed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Exactly what he said^^^ Tell them you noticed smoke from the exhaust and lots of carbon buildup all over the back of the car and show the TSB to them on your phone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your responses, gentlemen. I have since removed my catless downpipe, just to avoid the "white smoke" issue. However, I do have another question. Instead of getting the updated oil separator from Ford, could I also purchase an aftermarket oil separator from JLT or Mishimoto? And would that resolve the issue also? Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
6,434 Posts
Let Ford do the TSB, then add the catch can to the works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts