Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not knowledgeable when it comes to exhausts so I am looking for some advice. I got a muffler delete a while back but decided I don't like the sound and would rather have it be quiet and go back to stock. I visited a shop to get this done with my stock mufflers and they told me that it was cut off in a way that there isn't enough pipe to weld it back on and that if they did weld it back on that it would leak and eventually break off.

I am wondering if anyone knows a way around this to get back to the stock sound as after trying to go through all the different exhaust setups on youtube for days I've given up and now really just want the quiet stock exhaust sound back. Is there a way to clamp them on or some other method they may not be aware of? At this point I would even be willing to buy identical factory mufflers to get the stock exhaust sound back if necessary but don't know how I would go about doing that.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Just need a shop to weld in some center inlet offset outlet oval mufflers approximately the same size as stock.

I replaced my factory mufflers with dynomax 17733's, they fit the stock locations perfectly, more aggressive sounding than factory but much mellower sounding than a fart can or straight pipe.

Here is the website specifications of the muffler.
Body width 9.75"
Body length 14"
Inlet/outlet size 2 5"

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Without seeing what they are talking about, I don't see why the shop say's they can't be welded. I would think a coupling could be welded in or if there was some other issue like location of the reweld, a piece of old pipe could be cut out and new section of pipe welded in. I have seen couplings welded to muffler end caps and then internally to the muffler inlet pipe if cut off close to muffler. I have had things modified/changed at my local Midas shop with no issues. Just seems like a competent shop should be able to figure out a solution - it's not like you are trying to fabricate a whole new system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have a cat back Roush , on the loud side , no doubts its breathing as there is a Roush intake

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just need a shop to weld in some center inlet offset outlet oval mufflers approximately the same size as stock.

I replaced my factory mufflers with dynomax 17733's, they fit the stock locations perfectly, more aggressive sounding than factory but much mellower sounding than a fart can or straight pipe.

Here is the website specifications of the muffler.
Body width 9.75"
Body length 14"
Inlet/outlet size 2 5"

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
Do you have a video of how it sounds by any chance?

I will try another shop to see if they can find a way to get them on, thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
2018 Ecoboost 101A,19" polished wheels, Magnaflow Catback,Foose Design Spoiler,JL Audio Sub
18 Posts
I have installed a magnaflow catback system and my stock exhaust is sitting beside my garage in 1 piece. it is too large to ship but you could have it if you can get to eastern Iowa to pick it up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have installed a magnaflow catback system and my stock exhaust is sitting beside my garage in 1 piece. it is too large to ship but you could have it if you can get to eastern Iowa to pick it up.
Wow really appreciate the offer! but thankfully another shop was able to get the mufflers back on no problem. I guess the first place I went to didn't really know what they were doing lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am not knowledgeable when it comes to exhausts so I am looking for some advice. I got a muffler delete a while back but decided I don't like the sound and would rather have it be quiet and go back to stock. I visited a shop to get this done with my stock mufflers and they told me that it was cut off in a way that there isn't enough pipe to weld it back on and that if they did weld it back on that it would leak and eventually break off.

I am wondering if anyone knows a way around this to get back to the stock sound as after trying to go through all the different exhaust setups on youtube for days I've given up and now really just want the quiet stock exhaust sound back. Is there a way to clamp them on or some other method they may not be aware of? At this point I would even be willing to buy identical factory mufflers to get the stock exhaust sound back if necessary but don't know how I would go about doing that.
I see you got your Exaust fixed.
But when you had the Muffler Delete kit on did you feel much gain from it?
And what brand was it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see you got your Exaust fixed.
But when you had the Muffler Delete kit on did you feel much gain from it?
And what brand was it?
I didn't feel any gains or noticeable difference from the muffler delete, only difference was the sound. Also it wasn't a kit a shop just took off the stock mufflers and welded in 2.25" or 2.5" pipe in place of it not sure which one. I think this video starting from 3:20 shows the most accurate sound of how it sounded in person, I personally didn't like the sound but it's subjective.
If you like the sound of it I would recommend getting it done because it's the cheapest exhaust option to do and had no drone at all.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Good to hear you changed it back. No offence but that sounded awful.

Reactions: jdr1014
1 - 10 of 10 Posts