Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My EB Mustang (purchased May 2015) is having a battery issue. I have to jump start my car for 3 times just recently. Now the battery is weak, it is very slow to start the car. Now before I start the car or after I turn off the engine, the Sync screen said "System off power saving", so I am guessing the battery does not hold charge or doesn't charge as much when I was driving; I usually drive 20 minutes to work and to school.
My car is still under 3 years warranty and is only 20k miles
My question:
- Does Ford's warranty cover faulty/defective battery? (I read warranty handbook, its doesn't say anything about battery)
- If no warranty cover, how much does new battery cost if go to Ford dealership?
- For money saving purpose, I want to get new battery myself. What is the name, model, and type of battery does 2015 EB Mustang have?

Thank you,

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hello everyone,

My EB Mustang (purchased May 2015) is having a battery issue. I have to jump start my car for 3 times just recently. Now the battery is weak, it is very slow to start the car. Now before I start the car or after I turn off the engine, the Sync screen said "System off power saving", so I am guessing the battery does not hold charge or doesn't charge as much when I was driving; I usually drive 20 minutes to work and to school.
My car is still under 3 years warranty and is only 20k miles
My question:
- Does Ford's warranty cover faulty/defective battery? (I read warranty handbook, its doesn't say anything about battery)
- If no warranty cover, how much does new battery cost if go to Ford dealership?
- For money saving purpose, I want to get new battery myself. What is the name, model, and type of battery does 2015 EB Mustang have?

Thank you,
The battery is covered for 3/36.

·
Super Moderator
6,363 Posts
I had that issue when I left my OBD-2 blue-tooth "dongle" plugged in for extended periods of time.
I think the best thing would be to give your dealer a call and ask if it's covered. You've not got much time on the 3/36 ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had that issue when I left my OBD-2 blue-tooth "dongle" plugged in for extended periods of time.
I think the best thing would be to give your dealer a call and ask if it's covered. You've not got much time on the 3/36 ...
Ok I will call local dealership. Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just bring battery to dealership, they will just take old one and give you a new one
I see, ok I will make a trip to local dealership asap, really hope they won't make a big deal about the warranty thou. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts