Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get one this is going to be one of the first mods on my list! Who do you think will be one of the first tuning companies out with one?

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any ideas what sort of horesepower gains this engine is capable of with a basic tune?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Intake tune and exhaust seem to pick up big gains on the other ecoboost. With it being a mustang I see even more aftermarket support than the other ecoboosts. Just for sound effects if nothing else a louder blow off valve and an exhaust that you can hear the turbo spool will be things I will be looking for. If i buy an ecoboost mustang it will be for my DD so not looking for crazy more power.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah a blow off valve would be awesome on these cars! Nothing like hearing boost on a Mustang :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just watched a video on youtube from CJpony part where they upgraded the stock bypass valve to a blowoff valve on. It sounded so much better. CJpony parts has got into the ecoboost vehicles recently since Ford said there will be an ecoboost mustang. They just got a brand new Limited F150 ecoboost and a new Focus ST. Just proves to me the aftermarket companies think the ecoboost is going to be a huge hit in the mustang.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a really helpful exhaust video right there! Hopefully they put one of those out for the Mustang as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I'm pretty much completely ignorant when it comes to modding vehicles. With a basic tune on an Ecoboost engine what are some of the pros and cons in the context of a daily driver?

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I'm pretty much completely ignorant when it comes to modding vehicles. With a basic tune on an Ecoboost engine what are some of the pros and cons in the context of a daily driver?
You are able to unlock the full potential of the vehicle. We modify every parameter of the ECU...Throttle body (also known as drive by wire), spark, boost, transmission, cams, etc.

Everything gets optimized to the way that it should be, especially if you are running premium fuel. I have heard that these are detuned about 60hp from the factory because they don't want to compete with the 5.0 sales... ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do we need to worry about voiding warranties? or will ford offer in house accessories and kits like BOV, intercooler options etc...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mountune has been teasing photos of what I assume to be an EcoBoost Mustang that they have done up. I know Cobb just recently got a pair of Mustangs too, one of which is an EcoBoost.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts