Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I currently own a 2019 Mustang Ecoboost and have had no issues with it until recently. One night when I went out to drive I began to hear and feel vibrations on the steering wheel, I also hear them inside the car. I told myself no biggie and took the car to the dealer since it still has warranty. My first thought was the motor mounts might have gotten damaged or the tires might need to be replaced. After two days the dealer told me the mounts were in good shape and the tires were good, I've attached a link to a video of what the vibrations sound like. It happens mostly when I'm in a high gear cruising and then I begin to give it throttle, in the lower RPMs around 1500-2500, it also happens when I let off the gas. If anyone has had this issue before or would like to help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Link to video:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know about the vibration, but your quote from above sounds like you're lugging your motor. Don't recommend doing that! ever!!

Hey I hope you’re doing well, it might seem that I’m trying to go WOT at low rpm’s but in the video I was lightly touching the throttle. The vibrations only happen when you give a bit of gas, once you get in the higher gears you can’t hear it at all

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hard to tell. If a manual, the comment above regarding lugging may apply. If you are in a manual, I would suggest not letting revs fall below 1500 (and 2000 is probably better) in any gear if you are wanting to accelerate. Soundwise, it actually sounds like a bit like a loose heat shield vibrating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts