Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Speaking to the point of factory alignment, the first IRS upgrade I installed on my wife's car was the Steeda Alignment Bushings for the cradle. We noticed that the wheels/tires in the rear didn't have the same gap to the fender side to side before I put them in. When I did go to install them, I had to loosen all four of the cradle bolts to get it on center where the bushings would go in. On my 2018, after only 3k miles on the odometer, my rear tires were already showing signs of abnormal wear and the rear end loved to dance on concrete highway surfaces. I will never trust a factory alignment again, and it will consider it bad at mile zero on the odometer.
Solid point. I put mine in when I did my springs. I was able to put them in one at a time without jiggling the cradle around (I think anyway). Luckily, mine didn't seem to be out of whack. For $30 though, I like the piece of mind of having it located properly. I wanted to do it then since I was going for an alignment anyway. I believe they should come from the factory with those steeda type dowels. Really poor design there with that much gap space.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I will have to order the Steeda Alignment Bushings. I'm assuming you guys are only talking about these - Steeda Rear Subframe Alignment Kit IRS 2015-2020

Think I will end up with the new tires, try it out and if I still have problems I will give these a try and take it in for an alignment after. I was looking at tire rack and was thinking about trying the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season or Continental DWS 06 All Season tires.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you're very very lucky, those will line up perfectly on the first try and you'll be done in half an hour. I was under my car all day hammering on them before they all went in.
Lol! Don’t beat on them, just loosen all four up and use a pry bar to align the holes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I will have to order the Steeda Alignment Bushings. I'm assuming you guys are only talking about these - Steeda Rear Subframe Alignment Kit IRS 2015-2020

Think I will end up with the new tires, try it out and if I still have problems I will give these a try and take it in for an alignment after. I was looking at tire rack and was thinking about trying the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season or Continental DWS 06 All Season tires.
I just got the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+s put on my wheels yesterday. Holy crap! I had those Eagles that came with the car on before and I was not expecting how smooth the car rides now AND they're stickier! They're kinda expensive but money well spent in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I just got the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+s put on my wheels yesterday. Holy crap! I had those Eagles that came with the car on before and I was not expecting how smooth the car rides now AND they're stickier! They're kinda expensive but money well spent in my opinion.
Michelin makes top notch tires. I put pilot supersports on the Honda and the car HUGS the road...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Lol! Don’t beat on them, just loosen all four up and use a pry bar to align the holes.
I did loosen them and used a pry bar. They still didn't want to line up. I got them in eventually, but it was a long hard struggle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
@Sombradeti, Yea I had a 2014 Ford Fusion prior to the Mustang and always put Michelin on them...Never lost traction even in the snow. I would see 4WD trucks getting stuck but the Fusion kept on going I commute about 100 miles a day just between work and home. I had 140k miles and the biggest problem I had was a sensor going bad. I loved my Fusion and it's sort of why I wanted the Mustang. The Fusion ran so great without any issues I have trust in the Mustang being a great commuter.

I know the dealership I purchased the car from is going to replace the tires under warranty but we worked a deal if I decided to go with a different tire I would just pay the difference in price. In this case shouldn't be anymore than $100.

This morning it was wet and didn't seem to feel the car slip and was able to go 60-70 without issues. Granted the scare from the first experience had me on edge so every bend I would slow down to 50-60.

I'm wondering if it's just a different feel in steering perhaps than what I'm used too. Sometimes it feels weird I guess IDK.

I did purchase the Steeda Alignment Kit as I definitely don't want alignment issues if I spend the extra money for these other tires.

I love the ride of the Mustang though. :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm wondering if it's just a different feel in steering perhaps than what I'm used too. Sometimes it feels weird I guess IDK
You can change how the steering feels in these cars using the button in the center console with the picture of a steering wheel on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
@Kent, yes. I had it on normal. I tried sport and comfort. I haven't found the one I like the best but just feels weird or at least not what I'm used too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
@Kent, I haven't found the one I like the best but just feels weird or at least not what I'm used too.
I feel you there. My previous car was a Lotus and the steering was extremely tight. Even the tightest steering option on the Mustang feels too loose!

·
Registered
45 Posts
H
Hello,

I'm a new proud owner of a 19 Mustang Ecoboost. I saw a thread on here posted by someone else about handling and the rain. I was out driving this morning, first experience I might add driving in wet conditions. It actually wasn't raining but rained earlier and the roads were still wet. I was going about 30mph and went on a slight turn (this roads speed limit is actually 45mph), and the front end of the car slide out and I had to slow down even more in order to continue through the turn.

Previously I was a Fusion owner and never had these issues yet this is a different type of car RWD, not FWD and so forth I understand. Yet I did a lot of reading and discovered it could be due to my tires. I currently have Goodyear 235/50R18 tires, they might be the 'Eagle' ones but not actually sure at the moment. I would think that if I'm not applying gas and going around a turn at a reasonable speed I should be fine but it just slides.

I am curious do you guys have similar issues with the ecoboost? Is there a better tire I should be looking for? Any help would be appreciated. :)

I really do enjoy the car but I planned on using it as a daily commuter. Yet if it's like this every time it rains I'm going to upset a lot of people by driving way under the speed limit lol.
I was having the opposite issue my rear tires where coming out from under me under acceleration through a turn. I have never had the front end issue then again I have 255 40s on the front. To solve my rear end issue I just got a bigger tire 275 on the rear 255 on the front pierrli Nero Zeros I believe. So considering you have a smaller 235 maybe go with the 255 if they fit your rim? I have the 19”s on mine. I also run an all season tire rather then a summer tire. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm a new proud owner of a 19 Mustang Ecoboost. I saw a thread on here posted by someone else about handling and the rain. I was out driving this morning, first experience I might add driving in wet conditions. It actually wasn't raining but rained earlier and the roads were still wet. I was going about 30mph and went on a slight turn (this roads speed limit is actually 45mph), and the front end of the car slide out and I had to slow down even more in order to continue through the turn.

Previously I was a Fusion owner and never had these issues yet this is a different type of car RWD, not FWD and so forth I understand. Yet I did a lot of reading and discovered it could be due to my tires. I currently have Goodyear 235/50R18 tires, they might be the 'Eagle' ones but not actually sure at the moment. I would think that if I'm not applying gas and going around a turn at a reasonable speed I should be fine but it just slides.

I am curious do you guys have similar issues with the ecoboost? Is there a better tire I should be looking for? Any help would be appreciated. :)

I really do enjoy the car but I planned on using it as a daily commuter. Yet if it's like this every time it rains I'm going to upset a lot of people by driving way under the speed limit lol.
I have Pirelli P Zero Nero tires and a California spoiler on my 2019 Ecoboost and the handling is suprisingly stable in the rain, even heavy downpours. Wife and I were on I-95 when those storms with tornadoes came through SC last month and we were zooming along feeling confident in the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

[/QUOTE

I have an 18 with P-Zeros on it. You have to be cautious with turns in the rain, but as I navigate the turns WITHOUT any acceleration, it's fine. I'm not sure if the Pirelli's are better in the rain than the Eagles. The other thing I do is use the setting for rain/snow. Using both, I have no real complaints when I compare it to any rear driver I have had in the past. One other possible factor: I was trained on RWD cars and have had many. Maybe I'm more "trained" in this type of car. Don't give up! It's a great car.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have P Zero Nero 255/40/19s on my car and I feel they do a great job. No complaints whatsoever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have P Zero Nero 255/40/19s on my car and I feel they do a great job. No complaints whatsoever.
I agree. Just expensive tho. Don't need any now but the Michelins give me a good second option. Last time I needed a new P Zero, I had a terrible time finding them in our size.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had to replace one shortly after I got the car and had some sticker shock at how much the replacement tire cost me. I think there are good tires out there for less money. So as far as "no complaints", I would have to say price is my only complaint.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'm starting to feel like my problem maybe tires and alignment also being the issue. I know since I'm already getting new tires on Monday the dealership will also check the alignment. This weekend I might install the steeda rear subframe alignment kit so when I take it on Monday it can be aligned properly.

Feel like this course might give me good results. Right now the car sort of scares me in the rain but i then just drove overly cautious and all is fine.

I will have to report back later after Monday and see what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm starting to feel like my problem maybe tires and alignment also being the issue. I know since I'm already getting new tires on Monday the dealership will also check the alignment. This weekend I might install the steeda rear subframe alignment kit so when I take it on Monday it can be aligned properly.

Feel like this course might give me good results. Right now the car sort of scares me in the rain but i then just drove overly cautious and all is fine.

I will have to report back later after Monday and see what happens.
Obviously keep it out of sport or sport plus when you anticipate weather problems, but I guess you already know that.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts