Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Great Lakes or beyond interested in bringing an Ecoboost presence to a car show? Mustang Memories, a 1000 car show at Ford World Headquarters at the end of August, also hosts clubs and awards plaques for winning cars. I'm helping to organize the show and it would be cool to have a line of EBs representing. I could get us a prime location. Anyway, here are the links for more information:

Mustang Owners Club of Southeastern Michigan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I'm stumped. Why cover the VINs? Is cloning the risk?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh...I get it now. Looking for a way to void someone's warranty.

·
Super Moderator
6,071 Posts
So Ford doesn't spot modded S550's and report them too easily. I hear about this going on at various car events.
Wow. First I've heard of this. Will have to ask around about it. I've done a lot of shows and events and hever seen/heard of it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it appears that an EB contingent will show up, I'll see what I can do with regard to some meet & greet with engineers/designers. Let me know if you need any further information.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. First I've heard of this. Will have to ask around about it. I've done a lot of shows and events and hever seen/heard of it.
So in speaking with my friend, who's also in charge of enthusiast communications for Ford Performance, I'm brainstorming on things we can do. On his side, he's putting together a Mustang II/Cobra II reunion. Mustang Memories is the show itself, but there are competitions within the show (Red Mustang Versus Yellow Mustang, Roush 40th anniversary, etc). The Mustang II crowd pays a registration fee for the Memories show ($35 I think), and if they want to be judged among Mustang II/Cobra II for an award, they pay a $5 fee. Their car is then judged by the designers of the Mustang II in separate categories. The $5 fee includes a certificate of recognition (signed by Henry Ford) and judging. If someone doesn't want to pay the $5, they are still welcomed at the event and park with the other Mustang IIs. As I recall, the registration fee includes a goodie bag (event T-shirt among other things.

If we can get EB owners to come, we should be able to get members of the 6G Mustang design team. On top of that, I have contacts at Ford Powertrain engineering and I should be able to get engineers from the Ecoboost team. Lastly, there is a Saturday night meet and greet with Ford designers and engineers at a local restaurant. The few bucks it will cost covers the food and soft drinks. I think we'll need to share seats with members of the 6G Mustang forums.

For those coming from out of town, the Saturday before the show is the Woodward Dream Cruise on the opposite side of town. If you've never been, it's roughly 1.2 million spectators with thousands of great cars cruising a 9 mile long route. So that in itself is reason to come to town. Ford has Mustang Alley that last year drew 750 cars for a show that was a mile long (cars park in 2 long rows, following a major street that is blocked off for the event. This is an example of the smaller shows that are along the cruise route.

So at the very least, I can arrange EB group parking at Mustang Memories (and likely the cruise also), and if there is enough interest, we can add some other fun activities Saturday during the cruise and Sunday at Mustang Memories.

Sorry for the long message. Just wanted to make sure you had all of the information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts