Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a long drive from Austin to Houston and suddenly I felt a loss of power on the highway. I've checked all tubing and vacuum lines and dont see/feel/hear anything. I then did a quick datalogged drive down the street and will upload it here. my BOV (turbosmart) is inconsistently releasing pressure. I'm also hearing somewhat of a hissing noise. I'm unsure if its the wastegate actuator or the actual bov itself. Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files If anyone can give me a more definitive answer based off the datalog I'd greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your log shows about 22 seconds of data with the engine at idle the whole time, accelerator at 0. So can't tell anything. You would need a log while driving it under load. I likely couldn't tell you anything anyway but others here probably can if you supply a log with data. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your log shows about 22 seconds of data with the engine at idle the whole time, accelerator at 0. So can't tell anything. You would need a log while driving it under load. I likely couldn't tell you anything anyway but others here probably can if you supply a log with data. Good luck.
The data log I uploaded should've showed me doing a pull up to 40 mph in those 20 seconds with only 7 psi of boost under max load! With AFR going up to 44.

·
Registered
2019 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80
31 Posts
Made a long drive from Austin to Houston and suddenly I felt a loss of power on the highway. I've checked all tubing and vacuum lines and dont see/feel/hear anything. I then did a quick datalogged drive down the street and will upload it here. my BOV (turbosmart) is inconsistently releasing pressure. I'm also hearing somewhat of a hissing noise. I'm unsure if its the wastegate actuator or the actual bov itself. Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files If anyone can give me a more definitive answer based off the datalog I'd greatly appreciate it!
I had this same problem, but fixed it. Do you have Turbo Smart Raceport or which one?

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Remove your Turbosmart BOV and see if it solves the issue.
Sounds like it is not holding boost or leaking.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
123 Posts
#1 pull your bov, check the orings and seals. also make sure you have oiled the o rings per their instructions for maintenance. if its the kompact shortie, readjust it per the instructions that you can find on the turbosmart site in the support section, and make sure the spring is still seated/not broken.
#2 check your charge pipes are still connected to the IC, both sides hot and cold. retorque the clamps if needed. I had a similar issue but i was throwing the code for turbo underboost.

Reactions: AnOunceOfPerception

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
#1 pull your bov, check the orings and seals. also make sure you have oiled the o rings per their instructions for maintenance. if its the kompact shortie, readjust it per the instructions that you can find on the turbosmart site in the support section, and make sure the spring is still seated/not broken.
#2 check your charge pipes are still connected to the IC, both sides hot and cold. retorque the clamps if needed. I had a similar issue but i was throwing the code for turbo underboost.
yup the re-adjustment was what I needed thanks!

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
123 Posts
yup the re-adjustment was what I needed thanks!
Awesome, glad I could help. I usually adjust mine to the softest it can run smoothly at idle, then give it another full turn of hardness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts