Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the cars that you are trying to decide between. The new mustang or the.... What?

Depending on the price point of the Mustang we are talking about here, so I will make 3 different levels.

Base Mustang: The Abarth... You may laugh, but I could listen to the exhaust note of this little rocket all day! Skip to 1:28.

[video=youtube;ljiXVSD1vSg]http://youtu.be/ljiXVSD1vSg?t=1m28s[/video]​

Mustang Ecoboost: Subaru WRX... I know that this is not EXACTLY in the same category, but it does all that the mustang does and it has AWD and 4 doors.

What cars are you considering in opposition to the Mustang?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The other cars I have looked into for a fun DD are BRZ FRS WRX Focus ST Genesis coupe 370z . My problems so far is the cars either don't much better mpg then a Mustang GT or cost just as much as it. I seem to always come back to a v8 mustang. Which is really what I want. Only reason I haven't just ordered a new GT at this point is I wanted to see what the 2015 looked like. My Raptor kills me on gas I might as well pay a car payment for what i pay in gas on it. I have came real close to buying a Focus ST a couple times but now with the ecoboost mustang I'm going to wait on prices for it. Plus it gives me more time to see what SVT will make for the S550.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Considering a 2015 VW Golf R which is AWD.
I have a '07 GTI that's modded and miss AWD.

I have always been a Mustang fan since '66 when my father had one.
I like the new body style and Ford has a serious line of 4 Cylinder Performance cars.

I'd prefer the automatics. Drove the V8 Mustangs with the auto and was not impressed. Disappointing.
My GTI has a DSG and it rocks! Very impressive shifting in all modes. Amazingly with my mods I can still achieve 40MPG at 62MPH.

I'm not aware what aftermarket performance would be available for the Ecoboost 4 cylinder and who I would get it from that's reliable.

There is a Stage 1 chip for the Golf R testing overseas which raises the HP from 292 to 340. The stock 0-60 with DSG (auto) is 4.9. The Stage 1 chip drops it to 3.7 secs (it's just a chip... no other upgrades needed as the stock fueling is able to handle the extra boost demand).

[video=youtube;PsMwbwspLKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsMwbwspLKk[/video]

There are guys overseas already pushing 400HP out of the VW 2.0t in the Golf R.

I'm really done with FWD and tons of horse power! Next car will be RWD or AWD. The Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost has me thinking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts