Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It might be interesting to hear/see about about Mustangs you run across while on the road.
Today while getting into my car I hear a loud V8 and turned around to see a black GT. That was in San Marcos, TX.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
It might be interesting to hear/see about about Mustangs you run across while on the road.
Today while getting into my car I hear a loud V8 and turned around to see a black GT. That was in San Marcos, TX.
I've seen plenty of Mustangs in my area. I've bumped into one guy that traded in an 07 V6 for a black 15 EcoBoost. It had some nice aftermarket wheels, a decently loud exhaust and a Speedfactory IC. He had no idea that the car had those aftermarket things on it. It's nice talking to other Mustang owners about their build.

·
Registered
259 Posts
One of the best engine sounds I've heard from a Mustang, IMHO, actually came from a V6. I was in my Fusion Hybrid (a very quiet car) and spotted it in my mirror coming up on me. Immediately, I turned the stereo off as I began to hear it. At first I assumed it was a V8, but then as it pulled alongside, I spotted a 3.7 emblem. The driver punched it and took off with a screaming roar. Pretty darn impressive.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Well down here in Australia, there have now been close to 30,000 Mustangs sold since the RHD version was released on our shores in 2016.
That might not seem like many to those of you in the US, but considering our small population, that has made it the top selling sports coupe in Australia of all time.
Not a day goes past, when I'm out driving, that I don't see at least another three S550 Mustangs on the road.
90% of them are GT's, the Ecoboost being a rarity.
We don't get the GT350 or GT500, and older Sheby's are indeed a rare sight that have been imported and converted to RHD.
We did however produce our own supercharged version, called the R-SPEC in a limited number of 500 produced.
(A regular GT, then converted through a joint effort by Herrod Performance and Ford Australia).
They produce over 500 KWs and sold for over AUD$100,000.
When the RHD Mustangs hit Oz, they were a huge head turner, now they are everywhere and becoming quite common so don't get the same attention as they did.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
One of the best engine sounds I've heard from a Mustang, IMHO, actually came from a V6. I was in my Fusion Hybrid (a very quiet car) and spotted it in my mirror coming up on me. Immediately, I turned the stereo off as I began to hear it. At first I assumed it was a V8, but then as it pulled alongside, I spotted a 3.7 emblem. The driver punched it and took off with a screaming roar. Pretty darn impressive.
They make a supercharger kit for the V6's. I wonder if he had one. V6's aren't usually known for their screaming roars.

·
Registered
Black on Black 2019 Ecoboost Mustang PP1
113 Posts
Well down here in Australia, there have now been close to 30,000 Mustangs sold since the RHD version was released on our shores in 2016.
That might not seem like many to those of you in the US, but considering our small population, that has made it the top selling sports coupe in Australia of all time.
Not a day goes past, when I'm out driving, that I don't see at least another three S550 Mustangs on the road.
90% of them are GT's, the Ecoboost being a rarity.
We don't get the GT350 or GT500, and older Sheby's are indeed a rare sight that have been imported and converted to RHD.
We did however produce our own supercharged version, called the R-SPEC in a limited number of 500 produced.
(A regular GT, then converted through a joint effort by Herrod Performance and Ford Australia).
They produce over 500 KWs and sold for over AUD$100,000.
When the RHD Mustangs hit Oz, they were a huge head turner, now they are everywhere and becoming quite common so don't get the same attention as they did.
Wouldn't be shocked to see a Barra swapped into one by now. There's one that I know of here in the states.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Wouldn't be shocked to see a Barra swapped into one by now. There's one that I know of here in the states.
My previous car I traded in on the Ecoboost was a turbocharged Barra.
In many ways I regret selling it, especially since they are no longer made, it would have become a classic in years to come.
It was a cracker of an engine, and the inline 4.0 Litre Barra was probably the best 6 cylinder Ford ever made.
Absolutely bulletproof, tough and reliable, and not uncommon to see 600,000 Kms life out of one of these, without having to open up the engine.
The Turbo Barra was faster than V8's in the Ford Falcons they came in.
Such a smoothing running engine and so tunable.

A turbo Barra in a Mustang would blow the socks off a Mustang GT, and I would love to see someone do it here in Australia. :)

My Turbo Barra...

Reactions: 6thBadHorsi

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saw a couple of pre 2014’s on the way to work this morning. Then in the parking lot was a 2020 EB rental that must belong to one of our customers.

·
Registered
716 Posts
In my general travels I probably see 5-7 Ecoboosts for every GT, and convertibles (of either) are scarce, probably 1 in 20 or less. Older models are around as well but I’m just as likely to see a Mustang on any given trip as not. I don’t count the guy with a 5th gen two doors down!

·
Registered
Black on Black 2019 Ecoboost Mustang PP1
113 Posts
They're all easy to spot out in terms of FHP's unmarked. Look for the base model wheels. I had one come up next to me and rev while on I75, saw the wheels and set my cruise.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good without the front license plate, required here in Texas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My previous car I traded in on the Ecoboost was a turbocharged Barra.
In many ways I regret selling it, especially since they are no longer made, it would have become a classic in years to come.
It was a cracker of an engine, and the inline 4.0 Litre Barra was probably the best 6 cylinder Ford ever made.
Absolutely bulletproof, tough and reliable, and not uncommon to see 600,000 Kms life out of one of these, without having to open up the engine.
The Turbo Barra was faster than V8's in the Ford Falcons they came in.
Such a smoothing running engine and so tunable.

A turbo Barra in a Mustang would blow the socks off a Mustang GT, and I would love to see someone do it here in Australia. :)

My Turbo Barra...

View attachment 37326

·
Registered
1 Posts
Came across a Saleen a few days ago. Boomer move, didn't think to snap a quick pic. Haven't seen one of those in 15 years.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While leaving San Antonio yesterday I saw three different black Mustangs. One was a GT another a Base and not sure about the third. Here’s the Base that I ran with for a few miles until the driver was going a little slow for me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts