Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the iPhone 13 pro and it won’t seem to play music from the dock connector of my 2015 mustang ecoboost premium coupe (shaker system, I’m not sure if this matters). It can make and receive calls but it just won’t play music. When I try to play from either Spotify or Apple Music, the car can detect the song and list the name of it and seems like it wants to play, but no sound will come out. I’m wondering if this is a compatibility issue. If anyone could help or point me in the right direction that would be a big help. Thanks

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I just got the iPhone 13 pro and it won’t seem to play music from the dock connector of my 2015 mustang ecoboost premium coupe (shaker system, I’m not sure if this matters). It can make and receive calls but it just won’t play music. When I try to play from either Spotify or Apple Music, the car can detect the song and list the name of it and seems like it wants to play, but no sound will come out. I’m wondering if this is a compatibility issue. If anyone could help or point me in the right direction that would be a big help. Thanks
The "dock connector"? Are you talking about the USB plug?

Does it work fine with any other phone? If so, I'd try updating the sync version on your car OR making sure you have the latest iOS.

If it still doesn't work, did you buy the car used, or have you had it the whole time? If used, its possible a previous owner toyed with the forscan settings. Again, this is if its never worked.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's probably as sick of the constant TV commercials as the rest of us and just refuses to accept the iPhone 13 as anything but a nuisance. That's my guess. You're car is pretty darn smart when you think about it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Updating to 15.0.2 on the phone should fix it the issue was listed as fixed in the change log. Also highly recommend turning on private relay if you haven’t along with StoptheMadness for Safari this has been one of the best iPhone upgrades yet.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I think the problem is you have a 2015 Mustang which only has Sync 2.
I don't believe you can stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, or other streaming services, only songs that are on your phone.
The car should recognize it as a USB storage device for playing music.
Sync 3 came out in the 2017 models, which allows Apple CarPlay and streaming.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The "dock connector"? Are you talking about the USB plug?

Does it work fine with any other phone? If so, I'd try updating the sync version on your car OR making sure you have the latest iOS.

If it still doesn't work, did you buy the car used, or have you had it the whole time? If used, its possible a previous owner toyed with the forscan settings. Again, this is if its never worked.
Yes, I was talking about the usb plug. I saw another comment mentioning updating the iOS so I will try that tonight. I did buy this car used, but every other phone besides mine works through usb. For now, I got the phone to connect through Bluetooth, but I like to be able to charge at the same time I am listening to music.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updating to 15.0.2 on the phone should fix it the issue was listed as fixed in the change log. Also highly recommend turning on private relay if you haven’t along with StoptheMadness for Safari this has been one of the best iPhone upgrades yet.
I will try updating my phone, if that doesn’t work I’ll look into the other two things you mentioned. In the meantime I can play music through Bluetooth which is nice. Thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts