Dec. 23 Pic Update.
IMG_0821 (1).jpg

July 21 Pic Update
IMG_0159.jpg

July 6 Pic Update
IMG_0136.jpg

Aug 13 Pic Update

IMG_0235.jpg

Transferring the text of Page 3 review & plan to this front page (Jan 10, 2019). I will edit from here.

Completed:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Interior/Electronics
    • Wheelskinz Black Leather Steering Wheel Wrap
    • WetOkole Black Neoprene Custom Seat Covers w/White Ford Racing logos
    • Diode Dynamics Interior Lighting
    • Chrome Door Sills
    • Steeda Black Seat Belt Covers w/White Lettering
    • RockfordFosgate/Sync3/Carplay
  • Exterior/Accessories
    • Roush Spoiler - Shadow Black
    • CDC Outlaw High Mount Roof Spoiler - Shadow Black
    • Mustang GT upper & lower Grill
    • Ford Performance 2018 Decklid w/Emblem Delete
    • Gloss Black Front Pony
    • RPIDesigns Gloss Black Front Grill Pillar Covers
    • Raxiom LED Smoked Reverse Light/3rd Brake Light
    • Raxiom LED Smoked Turn Signals
    • DiodeDynamics LED Smoked Side Markers
    • Big Worm Graphix Charcoal Vinyl Taillight Covers
    • Anchor Room Smoked Vinyl Headlight Reflector Covers
    • Performance Pack 19" Gloss Black Wheels
    • 255/40-19 Yokohama Advan Sport A/S
    • VHT Gloss Black Painted Calipers w/Anchor Room decal
    • Gorilla Black Chrome 21mm Lugs
    • Coverking "Stormproof" Custom Cover - All Black
  • Engine/Drivetrain/Performance
    • Ford Performance 'ProCal' Tune
    • Ford Performance Catchcan Combo - BoostSide/VacuumSide
    • Ford 3.55:1 Differential
    • Ford Racing by Borla 'Sport Type' Catback Exhaust
    • Airaid CAI
    • Velossa Tech 'Big Mouth' Snorkel
    • Modern Automotive Performance 'Stock Location' Intercooler
    • Injen Polished Alumnium Hot & Cold Intercooler Piping
    • GFB DV+ Bypass Valve Upgrade
    • Aluminum Engraved Pony Emblem on Plenum
    • Ford Performance Hood Struts
    • OBDFusion monitoring (OAR, IAT2)
  • Suspension/Chassis
    • Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace
    • Steeda Ultra Lite Jacking Rails
    • Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit
    • Steeda Subframe Aluminum Bushings
    • Steeda Subframe Support Braces
    • Steeda 1" Drop Linear Springs, Bumpstops, & Camber Bolts
    • Ford Performance Pack Sway Bars, Struts, Shocks
    • Mustang GT 4 piston front brakes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Progress:
  • Low Side Fuel Pressure Sensor
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019:
  • Steeda 20-25mm Wheel Spacers
  • Cobb or PTP Custom Turbo Blanket
  • Roush Side Scoops - Shadow Black
2020:
  • Ford Dual Horn - JR3Z13832A
  • Anchor Room Vinyl Kit for underhood pony
  • Turbosmart OEM-rated 7psi Wastegate
  • Steeda Sway Bar Mount Kit & Endlinks
UNDECIDED:
  • Turbo upgrade - PTE, MAP, FP, Vargas
  • Cobb Catted Downpipe w/Vibrant Resonator
  • Cobb Accessport
  • Tuned+ Custom Tune
  • Tuned+ Turbosmart Wastegate
  • Intercooler Spray Pump & Tank
  • MMD Radiator Extension Covers
  • JLT Master Cylinder Cover
  • Transverse Mount Cover

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Good looking ride!

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here is the write up of the FP tune with me deciding whether to go GT350bucket or stock intake. FWIW, the GT350 bucket is in, but I'm still on the fence about it, and may be going back to stock intake at some point.

https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/power-pack-k-n.17197/

Edit (May 4, 2019): The GT350 bucket is out, and a primo Airaid setup is in! :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Here is the write up of the FP tune with me deciding whether to go GT350bucket or stock intake. FWIW, the GT350 bucket is in, but I'm still on the fence about it, and may be going back to stock intake at some point.

https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/power-pack-k-n.17197/
I have a theory as to why the GT350 CAI is thrown in with the FP tune...

Since the Mustang GT350's are very limited production runs, Ford had to make or order a certain number of the special GT350 air boxes which was in excess of the number required to bring the cost down to a viable level.

The way to use up the excess (even after allowing for spares for warranty over the years) was to include it with the FP tune, and at the same time make the tune package seem more appealing than just adding a simple drop in filter.

A good way to justify the airbox production cost, and at the same time.. "Kill two birds with the one stone". :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Makes sense. Its an odd fit. For me what really got me going the other way against it was when I saw the poor fit of the bucket into the snorkel fitment. Basically about ~20% of the air making its way through the holes on the grill and then the snorkel, are are not entering the intake, and exiting via the 'seal flap' hanging in the wind, that FP had us cut as part of their instructions, due to this ill fit.
I think if I fit a CAI, I will go with the AIRAID...
1. Fully enclosed with see-through lid - No leaks.
2. Comes with a much larger replacement intake tube.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Makes sense. Its an odd fit. For me what really got me going the other way against it was when I saw the poor fit of the bucket into the snorkel fitment. Basically about ~20% of the air making its way through the holes on the grill and then the snorkel, are are not entering the intake, and exiting via the 'seal flap' hanging in the wind, that FP had us cut as part of their instructions, due to this ill fit.
One thing I observed while installing the gt350 bucket was that a small plastic tab that the air temperature sensor harness secures to creates an interference in getting a good fit.

I used a dremel to remove the tab, photo below shows what am referring to

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great looking build!! Really like that Roush spoiler. Are you going to tint the lights also?
Thank you!

Headlights? No. I've never been a big fan of that, and these Stangs have a great set of eyes!

Tailights? Yeah, I think so. Probably gonna go with the Big Worm Tint Kit. It includes a bulb that turns your reverse light into a 3rd tailight to give you a little extra peace of mind that other drivers won't see you braking and rear end ya'.

Happy modding sir. I wish I would've been privy to this forum from the moment I got my car, as you now are! If so, I would've known to go get myself a good catch-can IMMEDIATELY. Which, I now pass on to you. This is a no-wait mod for your car, that will clean up the throttle body intake and add longer lasting life to your valves. Do your research if you wish. But we all hope that you come to the conclusion of adding it.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Oh, I forgot to mention that @slojas has been consulting me on an upgrade to my factory audio. I've been working on piecing that together over the past month, and it should come to fruition around Christmas/New years. RockfordFosgate full system (amp, speakers, sub) with bass clipping disabled from the factory head unit.

Updated DEC 28:
Here is the thread write up on my new audio system

https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/black-knight-audio-upgrade.17983/

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Adding lighting upgrade.

Got some RAxiom turn signals and Diode Dynamics Rear Side Markers. Both ebay finds. RAxiom was 'previous light usage' for $99. They look almost new, as long as they work I'm good.

View attachment 26189
IMG_0788.jpg

When I get more time, I'll add in the Raxioms. Just don't feel like jacking up the front, standing it up on stands, popping off the bottom plate, AND possibly take off wheels. Rear LEDs were super easy.

Not really anything to say. Slide your arm underneath, reach around, and simply aim to "pop", not "pop off" the clip. "Popping off" requires too much hand strength, if you focus on just a "pop", wait for it...then you can come around the front and EASILY slide the marker off. AFter that, unclip the OEM fastener, remove bulb housing, remove the bulb, slide the new led connector into the bulb socket. Refasten everything. Pop marker back in...easily. Done.

IMG_0789.jpg
IMG_0791.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 96 Posts