Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Have you thought about putting some kind of spacer between the wiring and the pipe? A small piece of space shuttle tiling would be ideal, but I'd settle for a high temperature piece of plastic. If the zip tie doesn't melt, most plastics should be OK.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's gonna get hot enough to melt that ziptie plastic sooner or later. I'm going to have to rethink a solution. A 'spacer' sounds like a good idea. Thanks @Sarge

Looks great! You'll love those jacking rails.
Oh man, this really should be something that should you do when you first get your EB....just as imperative as adding a catchcan. I hated hearing my pinchweld creak, and my rocker panels bend in ways it wasn't designed for. I was surprised that the lip faced the inside. I would have thought it would have sat flush against the pinchweld.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I feel so strongly about catchcans, I decided to put the "boost-side" FP catchcan on, to go with my "vacuum-side" FP catchcan. The vacuumside (aka driverside PCV valve) is usually referred to as the dirty side....since 90% of the time, you are not in boost (thus kicking out major oil vapors out this valve). But ultimately, I want to run a catchcan on both PCV valves, even if I don't have to empty the "boostside" (aka passengerside PCV valve) as often as I do the "dirtyside".

There are many "dual valve" solutions (Mishi, UPR) that will "cheat" the PCV system a bit, by drawing from a 3rd vacuum line into the can. The Ford Performance solution is the only catchcan solution for both sides, where you keep the PCV system the way it was intended to run.
IMG_1251.jpg
IMG_1253.jpg
IMG_1256.jpg
IMG_1257.jpg
IMG_1260.jpg

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I see you went from a 7psi WGA to a 10PSI... was that before the tune by Adam or After? Did it make a difference in power?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
In the end, I finally jumped on what I've always wanted, and that was an Airaid intake. I saw one go on sale at a good price, and decided that it was finally time.

I can't think of a better brand and/or design for your CAI. I am also cherishing the fact that the sucking sound is gone. I really did not care for it at all.

The seal of the box on the intake snorkel is a flush fit. This is looking down and underneath the radiator cover to see where the CAI meets the snorkel:

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

As you can see above, you can see beautifully across into the bucket, from the grill. This makes me completely want to revisit the VelossaTech project and cut out my grill honeycombs.

Here is the end result:

IMG_1280.jpg
IMG_1282.jpg

I actually had a little bit of a problem with the lid hardwdare (the allen bolts, and/or the manfactured stainless steel lid). It didn't really all line up, and I needed a buddy to kind of 'warp the box' a bit (by squeezing it with his hands), to get most of them to fit in with no problem. Had to leave one allen bolt halfway out, or risk cross threading it, and thus, removing my ability to take the lid off when I need to swap the filter. So I just left it half-out, since the lid is on there snugly enough.

IMG_1278.jpg

I will be putting my GT350bucket + lid + K/N filter on partsforsale soon....at a really cheap combo price. I don't need it no more. I have what I want now, and if I have to revert to stock, I still have that stored away.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Those air filters really look good! I would think you could drill all of the holes slightly oversized to give you enough wiggle room to be able to install the screws without issue. With the button head and washer, it's not like you'd be losing anything structural. As my friend from the phone company used to say, "Wire to work, cut to fit, paint to match". Trying to hold a roto-moulded piece of plastic to any kind of tight tolerance isn't realistic.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Can you recommend psi's for my tires to maximize 0-60? Thanks Nate!
I was naughty and forgot to report back what was tried during the first 1/4 mile romp. I dropped the stock 32 psi down to 26. With only two runs to my name that day, I wasn't able to try different pressures. However, the stock Eagle F1's stuck pretty good to Firebird's well-groomed track, with just a little tire shake through first gear (3.15 gears). Running 32 psi on the street really makes the back end jump around. 'Most annoying...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The NGK's were "performing" fine. What they were not, was efficient. I ordered some SP537's to go back to a wider gap on, but lo and behold, they all showed up precisely gapped to .029. So I left well enough alone, and threw them in. I pulled out the NGK 6510's and I'm not quite sure, but they don't look the greatest for only 3 months of daily driving. I will keep you posted as to if my fuel efficieny peaks up back up. The cylinder heads look nice. The ignition coils had some powdery alkali deposit (byproduct of the electrical conduction process) on them some, so I took a DRY papertowl, and wiped them down , ENSURING not to leave any 'towel crumbs' behind by using a quality sheet. If I would've had a little bit of dialectric, I imagine a SMALL, SUPER-FINE coat on these coils would also be good, no?

IMG_1327.jpg
IMG_1328.jpg
IMG_1329.jpg
IMG_1330.jpg
IMG_1336.jpg
IMG_1337.jpg
IMG_1338.jpg

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
It took about 5 and half weeks from order, to customization, to door delivery, but I couldn't be happier with my Wet Okole Seat Covers. Custom made in a shop in California. I had the black cloth, so at 3 years, it was beginning to lose that 'vividness'.....and if there is anything that turns off a potential used car buyer in the future, its nasty seats, and a nasty steering wheel (hence Wheelskinz for me also!). These seat covers are quality black neoprene (although you can get them in a rainbow of colors), and with a customizable logo. They had Mustang silhouettes, but I really liked the Ford Racing logo. There's also a slew of options you can get with them, such as "pistol pockets" (if you live in an area where that might be legal) and even piping for the seat covers themselves (in an assortment of colors also).

With a 15% coupon applied, my basic bucket seat covers for driver & passenger only (along with the customized logo) was $285.

This is their website. I couldn't be happier. Its brought a new dimension to my interior, and I must say they are quite "THICK& COMFY". I'm also fairly active, and it was always a pain keeping like 5 towels in my trunk to 'cover up the interior', when I was coming in slightly wet.

Car Seat Covers | Custom fit auto seat covers for your car, truck, SUV or van

OH....and I added some Steeda seat belt covers, to complete the look!!

IMG_1342.jpg
IMG_1343.jpg

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
^ This damn forum keeps costing me money. Cut it out, guys.

EDIT: Sample swatches ordered so I can compare colors. At least that part is free.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
@gatornek, are you happy with the seat covers? Did you get any of the optional pockets or pouches? I'm seriously considering ordering some soon.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
@gatornek, are you happy with the seat covers? Did you get any of the optional pockets or pouches? I'm seriously considering ordering some soon.
Dude, I'm super happy. And I'm not trying to blow smoke up your wazzoo by telling you that. They have completely transformed the inside look of my car. Im not so sure I'd recommend them if you have leather seats, but if you have cloth like mine, they make for a DEFINITIVE "upgrade". You can tell that its quality neoprene, they are thick and comfy, once your strap them all in tight (which, btw, left my hands all scratched up trying to reach under and into the 'proper' crevasses - without tripping the airbag of course!). I'm bangin this response out now, but I'll get you some pics on here, so you can get a better glimpse. Oh! And they also came witha center console cover! It looked like a freakin' showercap, and since I didn't know that it was coming with one, it just sat off to the side, until I finally called them and they told me where it belonged. LOL. So now my center console matches everything nicely. I really wanted to get a pistol and cellphone pocket....but ultimately, they are a little pricey, and I wanted to save some cash. More than anything, the custom logos are killer!! The piping looks nice too, but again, I kept it fairly simple on mine. I also love the fact that they guarantee them.

If you are either:

a: looking to preserve your OEM seats

or

b: looking to 'transform' the inside look of your car

Then these are for you!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dec. 23 Pic Update.
View attachment 26279

View attachment 26229

Mar. 27 Pic Update.
View attachment 28503 View attachment 28505

Transferring the text of Page 3 review & plan to this front page (Jan 10, 2019). I will edit from here.

Completed:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Interior/Electronics
    • Wheelskinz Black Leather Steering Wheel Wrap
    • WetOkole Black Neoprene Custom Seat Covers w/White Ford Racing logos
    • RockFord Fosgate Aftermarket Sound (Complete)
    • Garmin DashCam
    • Visor Safety Warning Vinyl 'Blackouts'
    • Steeda Black Seat Belt Covers w/White Lettering
  • Exterior/Accessories
    • Roush Spoiler - Shadow Black
    • MGP Black Mustang Caliper Covers
    • Mustang GT upper & lower Grill
    • Ford Performance 2018 Decklid w/Emblem Delete
    • Gloss Black Front Pony
    • Raxiom LED Smoked Reverse Light/3rd Brake Light
    • DiodeDynamics LED Smoked Side Markers
    • Big Worm Graphix Charcoal Vinyl Taillight Covers
    • Performance Pack 19" Gloss Black Wheels w/Pirelli PZeros
    • Gorilla Black Chrome 21mm Lugs
    • Coverking "Stormproof" Custom Cover - All Black
  • Engine/Drivetrain/Performance
    • Ford Performance Tune
    • 3.55:1 Differential
    • Airaid CAI
    • Ford Performance Catchcan Combo - BoostSide/VacuumSide
    • Modern Automotive Performance 'Stock Location' Intercooler
    • Injen Polished Alumnium Hot & Cold Intercooler Piping
    • Ford Racing by Borla Catback Exhaust
    • Aluminum Engraved Pony Emblem on Plenum
    • Ford Performance Hood Struts
    • OBDFusion monitoring (OAR, IAT2)
  • Suspension/Chassis
    • Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace
    • Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit
    • Steeda Subframe Aluminum Bushings
    • Steeda Subframe Braces
    • Ford Performance Pack Sway Bars, Struts, Shocks
    • Mustang GT brakes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Progress:
  • Raxiom LED Turn Signals
  • Go Fast Bits DV+
  • Drake Coolant Reservoir Cap w/Pony
  • Coolant Reservoir makeover
  • Diode Dynamics Interior Lighting
  • Granatelli 'Hot Street' Ignition Coils
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019:
  • Steeda or FP 1" Progressive Springs
  • Custom Turbo Blanket
  • 7 lb Turbosmart "OEM replacement" wastegate.
  • Boomba oil cap & dipstick handle
  • Transverse mount cover
  • Anchor Room Vinyl Kit for underhood pony
  • MMD Radiator Extension Covers
2020:
Hey there doing some research on the DV+ did you feel it was worth the money and mostly was there a improvement in perf ? ...tks VP

·
Registered
856 Posts
I can't speak about automatics, but I put my dv+ on my manual last week. It's great. I did it mainly just to help the weak, electronic blow off valve. I didn't want to go with a vacuum blow off unit, I just wanted to make the stock one stronger. I also wanted to get rid of the blow off hiss that you get at cruise with the recirculating hose off. On manuals, It definitely helps acceleration. Instead of dumping all the boost like normally, it dumps just enough to not hurt the turbo. So, on gear change, it gets back into full boost much quicker. Good upgrade, I think. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Just cleaned her up a bit this morning. Updated engine bay pic with the new Airraid intake & boostside catchcan. I've been wanting to do a coolant reservoir makeover with a manual hand pump and some paint I had bought, but have not had a chance to get around to that and a few other car projects in the past couple of months.

IMG_0136.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just cleaned her up a bit this morning. Updated engine bay pic with the new Airraid intake & boostside catchcan. I've been wanting to do a coolant reservoir makeover with a manual hand pump and some paint I had bought, but have not had a chance to get around to that and a few other car projects in the past couple of months.

View attachment 30841
The Ford oval domed decal fits perfect on the airaid pipe

41 - 60 of 97 Posts