Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
I can't believe how completely satisfied I am with my Sync3 upgrade. Such an improvement on my daily driving experience! And to be honest, I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT KNOW that I would unlock the drive modes by doing this. I figured the drive modes needed some extra hardware maybe. Never would have thought!

If you're an iphone person, and are still puttering around with the 4 inch screens, I highly suggest you take a look at this upgrade.

https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/upgrade-factory-4-sync-to-8.15991/page-2#post-223079

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I woke up early this morning and FINALLY put in a GFB DV+
View attachment 31425

The valve is easy enough to take apart. It really is. Yes, you have to be careful in breaking the plastic trim piece when you use a pair of plyers to pull it off, but if you use a soft enough pair (like I have pictured), and don't apply crushing grip force on it, you'll be fine, and the plastic remains in tact, in case you ever want to put it back together and resell the GFB

View attachment 31423

And Im glad that with my Injen Pipes & AirRaid, it DOES seem that I have enough space to add a BLOW OFF spacer if I ever wanted to. Might just have to find a tad bit longer allen bolts. I wonder if anyone has ever tried that?

Also, please take a good look at that clip. Its an OEM FIT that clips nicely on and off the valve. This was not the experience with the Turbosmart clip. In my opinon that electronic Turbosmart that I have pictured in a previous post, should be stayed away from.
View attachment 31419 View attachment 31415

I took it out for a test drive, and the best part was there was NO FLUTTER NOISE, so I guess its working just fine. In fact, there was no noise at all (which was different from the chirped out flutter I was hearing when the TS wasn't releasing pressure correctly) as it should be, because my recirculation tube is in effect, PLUS I have a sealed AirRaid. So, no noise, plus an immediate dump of boost into straight vaccuum on the gauge when I release from a WOT.

I'm happy. I like it. The boost response definitely felt different on the WOT. Not sure ifs placebo effect or what, but I'm sure I'll keep an eye out for the subtle differences as I drive it. Besides, like I said, I might space it out one day to hear that BLOW OFF sound. idk. lets see.

Thumbs way up for GFB. Big turd for Turbosmart.
I put mine in and have had it in a month and I like it!!!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Decided on a professional paint shop for the final touch on my CDC Outlaw roof spoiler. A DIY kit would have ran me about $50-$60 to include all all primers, adhesion promoters, base coat, 2K urethane clear coat, and a good respirator mask for it, that I don't have. So for $100, I decided to let a local paint shop have it. I think they did a great job, and I am really happy with the look. It changes the back end somewhat. It sorta like a "minnie-me" spoiler to my Roush

IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Finally popped that pimple on the face of our engines!

Used some leftover caliper paint, decal, and a drake coolant cap to get creative with my coolant reservoir. It gets so ugly in particular once it gets a little bit dirty. I like customizing it a bit rather than getting a plastic cover for it

I left the min/max side bulb unpainted so I can easily see fill level.

IMG_0440.jpg
IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0446.jpg
IMG_0447.jpg
IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
These things took FOREVER, but were well worth it. Gotta thank @zhent for turning me on to them, as I believe he was the first one to rock 'em.

Behold, the new glossy black fangs from RPI Designs.

IMG_0470.jpg

When I swapped grills, I did so because I really wanted to fit the Velossa Tech. So, I chose the GT grill. I always felt it was missing 'something'. I think I finally found what that 'something' was. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
These things took FOREVER, but were well worth it. Gotta thank @zhent for turning me on to them, as I believe he was the first one to rock 'em.

Behold, the new glossy black fangs from RPI Designs.

View attachment 32809

When I swapped grills, I did so because I really wanted to fit the Velossa Tech. So, I chose the GT grill. I always felt it was missing 'something'. I think I finally found what that 'something' was. :)
Do you intend to leave the grill honeycombs blocked?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Yeah. I think so. It doesn't really put me off. I guess I gotta see my wife drive my car towards me or something, to see if I notice something that I don't like about it. But it seems okay to me, for now. It would be purely an aesthetic decision, as I definitely feel that I've done enough to liberate airflow to my IC, and into my intake. But I feel what you're saying.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Any time I upload new images of the Nite, I usually just edit my first post, since that's usually what someone who happens to be visiting my page would probably fall to. Is it still possible to edit an old post. Anyway, here are some recent raw images I've taken of the Nite that I also submitted for the calendar.

IMG_0262.jpg
IMG_0289.JPG
IMG_0290 (1).JPG
IMG_0527 (1).jpg
IMG_0535.jpg
IMG_1301.jpg
IMG_1307 (1).jpg
IMG_1312 (1).jpg

·
Registered
2018 Premium Fastback
54 Posts
@gatornek I see a Ford badge on what looks like an AirAid intake tube (as part of a CIA). If that's true; where did you get that from.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gatornek, love the build, it seems we have similar taste in mods. You've got pretty much all the mods I have plus some I plan on getting to.

I've got the Air raid intake tube (not thw whole setup), the OEM Ford logo from the back of a 80's-mid 90's Mustang fits perfectly where the air raid sticker is supposed to go. I picked a few up on ebay for a couple bucks and the look killer. I just clipped the locating pins off the back and used 3M double sided tape.

I've got the FRPP oil separator like you do, has yours sprayed down your intake with a fine oily mist? Mine did not seal very well and turned my otherwise spotless engine bay into a bit of a mess. I worked with FRPP and they sent me a new one; but, it's exactly the same, it doesn't seal well on the edge that faces the intake manifold. I sanded the mating surfaces between the upper and lower parts of the catch can and then used ultra blue RTV. Before if I capped one of the nipples with my finger and blew in the other (after cleaning it haha) you could hear air leak out; but, after the RTV/sanding I can't at all, it holds pressure well.

I am a little disappointed in that FRPP catch can, I was expecting it to be a little higher quality. It costs as much as the aftermarket catch cans that have metal/rubber hardware, not plastic. Anyway not to focus on the catch can(I saw the link here in your sig, from your post on the catch can), your car looks great! This thread inspired me to get going on one of my own, keep up the great work!

-Steve

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
the OEM Ford logo from the back of a 80's-mid 90's Mustang fits perfectly where the air raid sticker is supposed to go.
I spent a couple weeks on ebay trying to look for a logo that fit. I was really wanting a 'chrome and black' one, but couldn't find anything. That sticker seemed to fit perfectly, and has held up in the engine bay until now. But yeah, I would have probably preferred metal.

I actually addressed the "fine misting" in my review thread, towards the end.
Ford Performance Oil Separator Catch Can Review.
It didn't seem to start like this, but after some time (and I guess heat), it seems the gasketing around the filter media has eroded some. I got a recommendation from another forum member to try some seal fix, which I may do at some point, but its not as bad a problem for me as you are describing. The weak part of the seal, seems to face the strut tower, and the black padding on it, so there's a small area on the strut tower padding that has some oily residue that I have to wipe down some when I empty out my catchcan.

Its tough to complain about the catchcan, when it is still able to pull so much oil, but yeah, its a super simple design, and in no way shape or form should cost as much as it does. One of the main reasons I bought it was because it was one of my first mods, and the car was still super low miles, and even though it was something that I considered essential for a DI car, did not want to raise eyebrows at the dealership when I took it in for oil changes. Next time I go to pull the catchcan, I might see what I can do about the weak gasket. Thanks!

Anyway not to focus on the catch can(I saw the link here in your sig, from your post on the catch can), your car looks great! This thread inspired me to get going on one of my own, keep up the great work!
Dude, its been so miserable over the past couple of weeks (I'm sure y'all know why), that this really made my morning, right here. Much appreciated sir. One of the reasons I started my build thread is because I wanted to document all my mods on this car AND I wanted other people to have good information on how to do it. So it makes me super happy that I can be of assistance, sir.

Be forewarned though, starting a build thread could be dangerous on your wallet! ;)

Be well. Stay safe.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts