Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Has anyone ever upgraded their base mustang to mu color? I am going to try this as soon as the weather behaves. I have the cupholders and door sill and i ordered a light kit from Tascaparts to control the changing colors. I have never attempted this before so here's hoping I don't do any damage, lol
I had a question if anyone can answer. Is it possible to get power from the PRNDS light to power this? It is supposed to come on with the park lights but not sure if I can or if it will supply enough power.
If anyone has a wire diagram that they can share I would be grateful
Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In case anyone is interested I got the my color installed. I ended using the yellow and blue wire in the passenger foot well for power. The PRNDS lights does not provide enough power to turn the leds on. The grey wire with purple tracer does not provide power once the door is closed. I have my blue colored door sills connected to that.
The yellow and blue cable will power the lights on while running until the car is shut off and will go off once you open the door.
Hope this helps someone who is looking to do this
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
In case anyone is interested I got the my color installed. I ended using the yellow and blue wire in the passenger foot well for power. The PRNDS lights does not provide enough power to turn the leds on. The grey wire with purple tracer does not provide power once the door is closed. I have my blue colored door sills connected to that.
The yellow and blue cable will power the lights on while running until the car is shut off and will go off once you open the door.
Hope this helps someone who is looking to do this
thanks
how did you do it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man. I tapped into yellow and blue wire at the bcm.
The picture below is where I tapped in if memory serves me correct
View attachment 40011
Hey man! Thank you so much for keeping this thread alive! I have a 2014 Ford Focus that I’m basically just converting to a 2022 as OEM as possible. I upgraded the Sync 1 system to Sync 3 already and noticed that Sync 3 has a setting for ambient lighting, got curious and found this forum. I also found oem parts online to do this. My question to you is, do you have sync 2 or sync 3 and can you control the ambient lighting from your screen?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey MTV
In my case, I got their ambient lighting kit and configured it independently so it does not work with the screen.
I did it this way as the 15-17 cars needed the module in the trunk area and the body wire harness would have needed to be replaced.
With the 2018+ the harness is already there. You just need to get the bulbs and you are set.
I wish Ford had done this with the earlier cars.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
When we say screen are we talking about the infotainment screen or the small dash screen?

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
There isn't any my colour adjustment on a stock 8inch infotainment radio in a 2015 to 2017 Performance premium sold in Australia. It is all adjusted in the small dash in front of the steering wheel.

Even the sync 3.4 haked update dosn't have that option.

That being said All ADM Mustangs can reset there TPM via the menu in the small dash in front of the wheel, without the need of a reset TPM tool.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It can definately be programmed into the apim. I believe there is a post on it on the mustang6g forums. I had it at one point before i upgraded my Apim. Without the wire harness on a 2017 car it was cool to see it there but useless without the harness swap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts