Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well hello MrMiner. Don't worry. We are here to help. First off I'd suggest ordering parts without telling the wife. That always seems to work for me! I must warn you that this may not do much for your marriage but your car will be much more exciting! I mean it's all about priorities right..??..?? :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hello everyone! I just purchased a 2020 Mustang Ecoboost convertible (shadow black) that my wife is not gonna let me customize. :cry:

Happy to be here!
Welcome!

Bare minimum i recommended an intercooler upgrade and the Ford Procal. You will be satisfied unless you are really power hungry. Tell wife to view it as your pre anniversary gift. Maybe she will forget and you can get more on the day 😁

Lmr sells the cheapest ford procal i have found less then 500$. Intercoolers can be found around 300$

This will give you the smiles and power the car should have had factory.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
3,470 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There's plenty of advice here, but I'm going to give one you probably haven't seen yet...

Before doing anything that others recommend, figure out how willing you are to buy 91+ octane gas for your car. If the car is being shared with your wife, you might want to figure out if she's willing to put 91+ in it when she's driving. Gasoline is the most important factor before modifying the car. You only get the full advertised HP and torque from it if you use the best available gas. If either of you are only going to put 87 octane in the tank, any mechanical modifications (other than an intercooler) may end up hurting the car more than helping.

Oh, and stock or not we love pictures of Mustangs!

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There's plenty of advice here, but I'm going to give one you probably haven't seen yet...

Before doing anything that others recommend, figure out how willing you are to buy 91+ octane gas for your car. If the car is being shared with your wife, you might want to figure out if she's willing to put 91+ in it when she's driving. Gasoline is the most important factor before modifying the car. You only get the full advertised HP and torque from it if you use the best available gas. If either of you are only going to put 87 octane in the tank, any mechanical modifications (other than an intercooler) may end up hurting the car more than helping.

Oh, and stock or not we love pictures of Mustangs!
This i 100% agree with. Just never think about it as in a turbo or high compression engine i always use 91+ i forget others don't. Just traded wifes escape in on a non turbo she is so happy im not making her use 93 😅

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice. Wife drives an Ecoboom Explorer, so we're used to the 93 octane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts