Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the platform and wanted to show off my new baby and start a build thread. 2018 Ecoboost, as basic as they come, in Kona Blue with the 10 speed auto. I was able to get it pre-owned with 13k miles for $21,500 out the door.

As for a little bit about me and my history - My first car was a 2005 Ford Focus hatchback. It was passed down to me by my grandparents when I turned 16. As you could probably guess, I started modifying it the day I got it. I absolutely loved that quirky, slow little thing. I met tons of friends and learned a lot through that car. A few years (and a few dollars) later, and it was a full-blown autocross monster.

Fast forward to a month ago, I am now 21 and the Focus was creeping on to ~140k miles, and started to cost more in repairs than its worth. Although I was sad while watching it drive away, I knew it was time to look to the future. On July 27th, I finally turned my dreams into a reality. I've been going to car shows since I was a little girl, and I've always obsessed over Mustangs. They just stood out to me in a way that no other car could. Movies like Gone in Sixty Seconds and Bullitt left a lasting impression on me.

So without further ado, here she is!!
IMG_6827.jpg

The first thing I did for the car was get a paint correction and 5 year ceramic coating. These pictures are after the correction.

IMG_7086.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

I'm not 100% sure what order I'm going to go in for modifications, as I'm going to wait to do any engine work and tuning until after my warranty expires. I will most likely throw on a catback, intake, catch can, and spark plugs pretty soon since that shouldn't hurt to do. If anyone has any tips or advice for me, definitely drop a comment! Thank you!

Modifications:
Paint Correction & 5 year Ceramic Coating - Aug 9, 2019 - 13k

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the platform and wanted to show off my new baby and start a build thread. 2018 Ecoboost, as basic as they come, in Kona Blue with the 10 speed auto. I was able to get it pre-owned with 13k miles for $21,500 out the door.

As for a little bit about me and my history - My first car was a 2005 Ford Focus hatchback. It was passed down to me by my grandparents when I turned 16. As you could probably guess, I started modifying it the day I got it. I absolutely loved that quirky, slow little thing. I met tons of friends and learned a lot through that car. A few years (and a few dollars) later, and it was a full-blown autocross monster.

Fast forward to a month ago, I am now 21 and the Focus was creeping on to ~140k miles, and started to cost more in repairs than its worth. Although I was sad while watching it drive away, I knew it was time to look to the future. On July 27th, I finally turned my dreams into a reality. I've been going to car shows since I was a little girl, and I've always obsessed over Mustangs. They just stood out to me in a way that no other car could. Movies like Gone in Sixty Seconds and Bullitt left a lasting impression on me.

So without further ado, here she is!!
View attachment 31829

The first thing I did for the car was get a paint correction and 5 year ceramic coating. These pictures are after the correction.

View attachment 31831

View attachment 31833
I'm not 100% sure what order I'm going to go in for modifications, as I'm going to wait to do any engine work and tuning until after my warranty expires. I will most likely throw on a catback, intake, catch can, and spark plugs pretty soon since that shouldn't hurt to do. If anyone has any tips or advice for me, definitely drop a comment! Thank you!

Modifications:
Paint Correction & 5 year Ceramic Coating - Aug 9, 2019 - 13k
I love it!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If warranty is important to you, check out the Ford Performance tune. I don't have it, but I'm sure some our experts will fill you in on how it works.

Blue Mustangs are the coolest, right? :cool:

Reactions: Corgiccino

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If warranty is important to you, check out the Ford Performance tune. I don't have it, but I'm sure some our experts will fill you in on how it works.

Blue Mustangs are the coolest, right? :cool:
I’ve never heard of it but I will look into it! Thank you!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Lovely car and look forward to reading more posts about it in the future.

Reactions: Corgiccino

·
Read Only
246 Posts
Welcome Natalie. Mine is also Kona Blue. It looks stunning for the first few minutes after it's washed :)

Talk about dust magnet. But I've not done anything to stop it yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Natalie. Mine is also Kona Blue. It looks stunning for the first few minutes after it's washed :)

Talk about dust magnet. But I've not done anything to stop it yet.
I totally agree - it’s such a gorgeous color, especially in the sun. I was originally going for High Velocity Blue, but couldn’t find a preowned one for the life of me. I’m really happy with my choice! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
What are your goals with the car? Another Autocross ride? That'll determine where you go with mods.

Welcome and it's a great looking car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts