Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Premium with OEM navigation system. The arrow icon showing my location is 5-10 miles off from my actual location. And when I ask to navigate to Home it takes me to some locaion 20-30 miles away. Turning the car on/off doesn't make any difference. Is there a way to reboot or refresh the system?

John

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have found the instructions for performing a master reset with Sync. Do you think that is what to do?
The maps have never been updated since I got the car as a used model in June 2018. The sync version is 3. Last update is noted as 9/14/2018 which is when I tried to preform an update which I could never figure out if it successfully completed. But the Nav system has worked fine until just recently.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried a "reset" in lieu of a "master reset" and it did not resolve the problem. The icon still shows me at a location about 24 miles away, but it does take me on a correct route to get home, but I am already home. Seems like the GPS doesn't know where I really am.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
If you haven't done a master reset you need to. There is no real downside, you will need to re pair your phone, re log into your wifi and if you are using any of the background screens you will need to reselect.

I do a master reset everytime I do an update and anytime the systems starts doing anything funky.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is also a TSB for problems with the cabling to the antenna (TSB 19-2273) ... I found this out when I bought my used 2017 and noted on my test drive that the indicator never moved, the compass didn't work, and Sirius said there was no signal. I put a repair into the sale offer and they agreed. The selling dealer (CarMax) had me take it to "my" Ford dealer for the fix and they paid. As I recall the cost was around $1,100 for parts & labor, with the vast majority being labor.

Ken

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried a master reset with no result. Bad news that there is a TSB and the fix costs $1,000. Hard to know why there is that much labor unless it involves disassembling the dash.

Strange - when I lift the trunk lid the system starts working. As I slowly let the lid down the signal is lost. I have tried pulling/pushing on the cable to no avail.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recently received a safety recall notice on the rear camera operation and mine starting going out sporadically a couple of months before the Sirius and Nav system problems started. The TSB from 2019 says the cable system bundle covered by the TSB includes wiring for the camera, trunk light, lid release and satellite radio reception. The repair package will include a new cable for the Nav system for convertibles.

I called Ford to bring the car in for the safety recall but they say they don't have the parts at this time. Sounds like this recall will address all the problems I am experiencing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Possible that the recall will fix your problem. BTW ... the my work order showed over $900 was labor as the entire harness was repaired in the trunk and in the dash. Described as:

Font Pattern Number Art Monochrome

On the plus side ... haven't had a whisper of a problem since!!

Ken

1 - 12 of 12 Posts