Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3T/6A with aftermarket PP.
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '15 ecoboost stang wont stop sounding the chime when my door is ajar and my ignition is off, what do i do ? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it keeps sounding the chime when the door is open, it has never done this before

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
"Sounds like a faulty door latch sensor if you've ensured that the door is properly secured. "

and what if its doing this when the door is open? This is the 4th time asking, I don't understand your general response

·
Super Moderator
6,353 Posts
The best thing would be to call/contact the dealer. It is not something you can diagnose quickly over a forum.

The problem is that most forum people are at work and aren't checking the forum until later in the evening.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what's the dealership going to do ? tell me to come down there so they can charge me $125 to find nothing? I love forums. you guys Bogard information like your life depends on keeping secrets. I understand people might be at work, but if they had time to reply once its kind of odd they couldn't reply after I got back to them within 2 or 3 minutes of their original reply , I'm a working man too, otherwise I would just go throw a $1000 bucks at a mechanic if I could just afford to throw money at a ghost. the first reply in this thread mistook my issue but he could have been on to something. my chime is endless with the door open and ignition off, this has never happened before, also when I close the door i can hear clicking under the hood

·
Registered
840 Posts
+1 @Squid. There are a variety of potential issues, which could make the car think the door is still open. Did you accidentally leave the lights on? The car would chime at that the moment you open the door. If not that, these things are now full of electronics controlling everything. In the old days, the door switch would simply ground the interior lights when the switch closed, but those days are long gone.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 @Squid. There are a variety of potential issues, which could make the car think the door is still open. Did you accidentally leave the lights on? The car would chime at that the moment you open the door. If not that, these things are now full of electronics controlling everything. In the old days, the door switch would simply ground the interior lights when the switch closed, but those days are long gone.
no the lights are off, I'm also getting a clicking sound under the hood while the ignition is off, I'm thinking its related to the chime issue

·
Registered
840 Posts
If the chime shuts off when the door is closed, I would not be too fussed about it, as at least it’s not going to drain the battery on you. But I think that this is a job for a dealer, since they will be in a better position to diagnose the entire system to track down the problem part.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the chime shuts off when the door is closed, I would not be too fussed about it, as at least it’s not going to drain the battery on you. But I think that this is a job for a dealer, since they will be in a better position to diagnose the entire system to track down the problem part.

yeah but my dome lights are staying on when I close the driver door, so I know that's part of my issue, its like there's a faulty sensor

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ah, you failed to mention that above. To paraphrase Hamlet, “To a dealership, go, and quickly too.”

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats not much of an answer, but what did I expect from a forum?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah, you failed to mention that above. To paraphrase Hamlet, “To a dealership, go, and quickly too.”

I didn't fail to mention it, it was something I just noticed, and now the lights shut off, but the problem of the chiming remains. Guessing by the non answers on this forum, no one here owns or works on mustangs.

·
Registered
840 Posts
thats not much of an answer, but what did I expect from a forum?
You’re right. I’ve got another year of warranty plus extended, so at this point I don’t have to wrench on the car. I have, however, been working on cars for over four decades, and have lots of experience fixing issues. I’m sorry that you haven’t got some answer that you like, remotely, through a forum. You are standing beside the car and haven’t figured it out, so I’m not sure what you expect from all of us based on a few lines of information. I gave you a perfectly good reason for going to a dealership. If you don’t want to, that’s your choice, but I suspect you will not solve the problem in the driveway. However, once you have solved the problem, feel free to update us on how you solved it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
EcoBoost15, what you have going on sounds like something that would happen to Ken (that’s me).
I’m no tech but that ”sounds “ like relays or arcing !
Does it stop when you open the hood ? and see if you can figure out the location it’s coming from and get to the dealer ! If it’s to late in the day maybe disconnect the battery ? Don’t know if that’s a good idea or not.
good luck.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
It certainly sounds like a relay clicking on and off. If it's power related... Electrical gremlins can be quite tricky to pinpoint. It will be difficult to diagnose an electrical problem on a forum.

·
Super Moderator
3,461 Posts
I don't have an answer to your issue, but am throwing my two cents out anyway.

1. No-one here is hoarding information. If we know something that will help we freely give it. Be patient, this is a forum, not instant messaging. If someone can help, eventually they'll do so.
2. Electrical issues are tricky to find and fix when the car is in front of you, to do so without access to the car is even harder. This really sounds like something for a technician to diagnose.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if all my basic troubleshooting methods fail I guess I would have no choice but to take it to the dealership. im always hesitant to go there for a few reasons. the nearest dealer is 30 miles away, they often are book solid for a week or more.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts