Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I do not like the interior but what are you going to do, video gaming dashes are all the rage. Car&Driver YouTube video says no manual for Ecoboost, because not enough people have been buying them. I guess Ford doesn’t differentiate between actual buyers and the rental companies.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
May just be me but the view from the front looks very similar to a Camaro's hood and headlights appearance, the grill down does not though. I like the sharper angles of the rear end.

BD

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost Premium 10R80 w/ Black Acct Pckg
91 Posts
May just be me but the view from the front looks very similar to a Camaro's hood and headlights appearance, the grill down does not though. I like the sharper angles of the rear end.

BD
Your not the only one, A lot of people including myself see lots of Camaro + 4 series influence on the S650. Camaro styling on the rear and and rear quarter panels/4 series on the overall body line/silhouette.

I like it! Missed the reveal unfortunately, it was 2am in South Africa and I fell asleep while waiting up!!!
Did they mention the horsepower on the new EB??
No power numbers were mentioned outside of it'd be the most powerful GT & Ecoboost ever sold in the mustang line up. Mentioned all new design for both the next gen Coyote and Ecoboost engines.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I myself am pretty conflicted over all. The Dark Horse definitely interests me, but given the history I'm not expecting ford to give the A/Z-plan pricing for that model. In retrospect I 100% prefer the exterior of the S550, so I'm now in an internal debate as to whether I should continue to mod my current mustang or start saving now for the expected ADM of the Dark Horse. That said I'm still leaning towards the mod route, even with the downsides of doing that route.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Spotted a theard from a member on another site.
Didn't know they were making any changes to the motor!???
Screenshot Font Electronic device Software Multimedia

PS; Thanks tdstuart via mustang7G !!

Reactions: Buldawg76

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
A few quotes from the Ford Muscle site...

“We have two new engines: the 2.3-liter EcoBoost and also the new 5.0-liter V8 Coyote, to make the most powerful GT yet"

"Meanwhile, the all-new 2.3-liter EcoBoost should deliver similar performance to the current engine, but hit the more stringent emissions targets required from it"

Not sure what to think...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Spotted a theard from a member on another site.
Didn't know they were making any changes to the motor!???
View attachment 43291
PS; Thanks tdstuart via mustang7G !!
Stangmode had a quick 'walkthrough' of both engines on his channel. They almost implied it be roughly the same 'performance' as the HPP. Most of the spotlights have been on the GT/Darkhorse or exterior/interior walk arounds.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Your not the only one, A lot of people including myself see lots of Camaro + 4 series influence on the S650. Camaro styling on the rear and and rear quarter panels/4 series on the overall body line/silhouette.

No power numbers were mentioned outside of it'd be the most powerful GT & Ecoboost ever sold in the mustang line up. Mentioned all new design for both the next gen Coyote and Ecoboost engines.
I see the Camaro styling on the hood/headlights and somewhat on the rear quarters from the doors back but not on the rear end, I like the sharp angularity of the rear deck panel area, i agree with gatornek it looks like Lambo style.

The only HP numbers I saw mentioned was for the dark horse of 500 and GT500 of the same 760. The GTs V8 will have dual 80mm throttle bodies and dual air boxes.

BD

World Organism Map Art Urban design

·
Registered
91 Posts
I see the Camaro styling on the hood/headlights and somewhat on the rear quarters from the doors back but not on the rear end, I like the sharp angularity of the rear deck panel area, i agree with gatornek it looks like Lambo style.

The only HP numbers I saw mentioned was for the dark horse of 500 and GT500 of the same 760. The GTs V8 will have dual 80mm throttle bodies and dual air boxes.

BD

View attachment 43293
Sorry I wasn't specific enough on the rear quarter panels + hood only for that. They said they were targeting 100 hp/L on dark horse which would net to 500 HP. And the two throttle bodies was the other big change on Coyote.

Either way I'm still going back and forth as to whether I want to continue modding my eco or just spring for the S650 GT/or Dark Horse. 😅 😅 😅

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Sorry I wasn't specific enough on the rear quarter panels + hood only for that. They said they were targeting 100 hp/L on dark horse which would net to 500 HP. And the two throttle bodies was the other big change on Coyote.

Either way I'm still going back and forth as to whether I want to continue modding my eco or just spring for the S650 GT/or Dark Horse. 😅 😅 😅
I do like the dark horse model but not so keen on the huge all electronic dash/info screen, it has a lot of cool features and modes but I am just an old skool analog controls type of person. I prefer knobs and buttons versus touch screens.

The main reason I will keep my 2020 eco though is my pocketbook and interest rates now, just not willing to start over on big payments at high interest rates and I don't see 0% rates ever coming back very soon.

BD

·
Registered
91 Posts
I do like the dark horse model but not so keen on the huge all electronic dash/info screen, it has a lot of cool features and modes but I am just an old skool analog controls type of person. I prefer knobs and buttons versus touch screens.

The main reason I will keep my 2020 eco though is my pocketbook and interest rates now, just not willing to start over on big payments at high interest rates and I don't see 0% rates ever coming back very soon.

BD
Yeah I think that's the general consensus I'm seeing is a lot of people are enjoying the Dark Horse model, I just finished watching Doug Demuro's vid walking through a GT Performance. It looks like the Recaro's might have the heated and cooled function now which could be worth it for me up here in little ol' Michigan. I think the biggest conundrum for me is more so should I go through the effort of making my eco track capable (ie spending thousands for exhaust/suspension/cooling), or just pick up something that's built for it right out the gate/possibly more special if I spring for that Dark Horse.

In regards to the high interest stuff, between expected trade in and down payment (given I'd probably wait one/two model years before I'd actually order it), interest rates don't really bother me as I'd be paying it back sooner/at a higher rate than what is specified.

Given I live in an apartment any performance mods would have to be installed by someone like LMS. So there is also that.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yeah I think that's the general consensus I'm seeing is a lot of people are enjoying the Dark Horse model, I just finished watching Doug Demuro's vid walking through a GT Performance. It looks like the Recaro's might have the heated and cooled function now which could be worth it for me up here in little ol' Michigan. I think the biggest conundrum for me is more so should I go through the effort of making my eco track capable (ie spending thousands for exhaust/suspension/cooling), or just pick up something that's built for it right out the gate/possibly more special if I spring for that Dark Horse.

In regards to the high interest stuff, between expected trade in and down payment (given I'd probably wait one/two model years before I'd actually order it), interest rates don't really bother me as I'd be paying it back sooner/at a higher rate than what is specified.

Given I live in an apartment any performance mods would have to be installed by someone like LMS. So there is also that.
I live on fixed income so interest rates are a deal killer for me since I have A1 credit rating and refuse to pay extra interest. I also pay over monthly payment to shorten loan term.

Given my age and health I don't want to have car payment for rest of my life either.

I do all my modding work myself so no need to worrying about labor charges for installation, was master tech as a career so have garage full of tools at my disposal.

I would love to buy a new dark horse but funds are just not available to do so. :(

BD

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Full electronic boost control

View attachment 43294
I believe they are trying to make it harder to tune the new ponies. I have heard that the PCM in the new 650s is locked and cannot be accessed by aftermarket tuners. Time will tell on that issue.

BD

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I like it overall. Really like the interior and the rear of the car. Not so thrilled with the front, too Camaro for me. Will be interesting to see pricing on these!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts