Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this site to get more information about the ecoboost mustangs. I have owned a mustang in the past but it was unfortunately totaled. So now in the market for another possibly. I know the EcoBoost gives just under 300 hp at the rear wheels. What kind of mods can be done to get more HP and torque or is it not worth it and get an older GT.

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There's plenty of mods available. The consensus around here seems to be that intercooler and tune will do the most good, also exhaust/downpipe. Intakes will make cool sounds but not do much for power. Waste gate actuator can smooth out the turbo/boost. Most of us have catch cans, especially if we're planning on keeping the car long term.

Reactions: zhent and SFStang20

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's plenty of mods available. The consensus around here seems to be that intercooler and tune will do the most good, also exhaust/downpipe. Intakes will make cool sounds but not do much for power. Waste gate actuator can smooth out the turbo/boost. Most of us have catch cans, especially if we're planning on keeping the car long term.
Do you have any other mods? Have you thought about adding a bigger turbo?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Most of my mods are in my signature. The ones in my first post are the ones that made the biggest difference, IMO.

As for a bigger turbo, no, probably not. The stock turbo has enough boost for me, and bigger turbos will most likely have more turbo lag. I like the way the little one is there for you the moment you want it.

Reactions: SFStang20

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of my mods are in my signature. The ones in my first post are the ones that made the biggest difference, IMO.

As for a bigger turbo, no, probably not. The stock turbo has enough boost for me, and bigger turbos will most likely have more turbo lag. I like the way the little one is there for you the moment you want it.
Thanks for all the info. I will be buying a used EcoBoost which will be out of warranty so I will want to puts mods on it. I will look at your posts.

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have a lot of information available, I recommend taking a look at the build threads to see what others have done and what their results are.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Florida!

·
Registered
2018 Premium Fastback
57 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

is it not worth it and get an older GT.
Not sure how old you're talking about, but my understanding is the ecoboost outperforms any GT that doesn't have the Coyote engine. It's definitely a fast car for the price, and there should be a significant insurance difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts