Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’m new to this site and new to the S550 eco boost. I’ve owned 6 mustangs total including two turbo cars. The 79 Cobra (turbo) and the 82 SVO.

any info on maintenance on this car and easy upgrades will be appreaciated

thanks!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
5,968 Posts
Greetings!

·
Super Moderator
2,729 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Welcome aboard. Are you driving it this winter, or putting it away until spring?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately driving it this winter. I’ll be using it at sparingly as possible. I just put Blizzak’s on there... much better than the P Zero’s in the cold hahahaha

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'm now on my 4th season on one set of Blizzaks. If you don't do anything stupid, they'll get you where you're going.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I got my 15 in January 15 just in time for the worest winter in recorded history in the Boston area. With a set of Dunlap Winter Maxx tires and snow mode the car was so good in the snow i never bothered using my beater 4x4. Now with my 17 I have Yokohama IceGuard tires, these are more of a high performance tire and are not as good in the snow as the Winter Maxx tires but now i have a 4x4 pickup with Firestone Winter Force tires to drive when its real bad.

The truck is the second vehicle i have had with the Firestone Winter Force tires and they are far and away the best tires i have ever had for driving in the snow. They how ever are mushy handling and are noisey as hell on dry roads which is what we have the majority of the winter South East of Boston hence the Yokohama's for the Mustang.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great info! Yeah on my other mustangs I’ve owned I never put winter tires on lol! This is the first time I’m using winter tires on a mustang. I have however used Blizzak’s on other vehicle’s (wife’s escape) found they were awesome.
Some questions for you guys...
I’m thinking CAI for my first upgrade on the car. then a full exhaust (turbo back)
Any recommendations? And any recommendations for tracks days around the Boston Area?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
First upgrade should be a better intercooler. CAI really doesn't add power, its only for the looks and noise. A turbo back exhaust will require a tune. Cat back doesn't add any measureable power and is only for the sound.

For track days check out New Hampshire International, Palmer, Thompson and Lime Rock.

Dave

·
Registered
986 Posts
Intercooler by itself may add a little power, not a lot. But if you're making back-to-back sprints, it will reduce heat soak and make your runs a lot more consistent, much less fading as heat builds up. And it allows more aggressive tuning, which will definitely add measurable power.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts