Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, 59 here LOL. I loved the 2 89 Fox bodies I had. Not sure if I want to get another one though, since I do love my 2018. Have been eyeballing a few 1st gen rollers with the idea of using a donor Fox body for the drivetrain and interior for a resto-mod though.
If I had more space I would already have a project car here. A '67 Fastback (S or K code) would be right up my alley... I almost bought an '88 Saleen back in 2020 when I still owned my '18 GT but just couldn't get the guy to budge on the price. Wish I had an extra bay, but zoning in my neighborhood is fairly strict, I'd need both city and HOA approval to add on to my garage, and the way I'm set up it would also result in a total house rewire because my electrical box is on the wall that would be knocked out to expand. Probably cost me as much to build on another bay at my house than the guy in Florida wanted for that Saleen, just to house another ride. If a bag of cash ever falls from the sky into my backyard, what I just mentioned would be 1st on the spending agenda!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Maybe the I4 sales are growing,( gaining on the V8 ) so they want to stop the mod market so ppl will buy the V8.

This is what annoys me with Fords attitude. i think most of the " why didn't you buy a V8" attitude spawns from Ford themselves, They could make the I4 so much better, but they don't !
Ford offer a V8 alternative yet they don't want ppl to buy them.

Don't kid yourselves though, ppl will still buy the new Mustang, just cause you don't like the new look won't change anything.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am actually thinking of going back to old skool buy putting my garage full of tools and years as a master tech to build me a nice basic no frills rat rod. Just got to sell off some items collected over the years to come up with the funds to start the project.

I have an old beater 78 Datsun bullet side pickup that would be really nice with a small block chevy and 4 speed sitting in it. Let's just say 2400 pounds and 450-500 HP of fun on 4 wheels. I have the truck and all the motor/tranny parts already just collecting dust.

No new cars for me anymore and definitely not any EV ever on my property.

There is nothing I like about the new 2024 and agree completely with both @michaelfried665 and @KewlWinter comments and assessments on fords poor choices for the 2024 and Muck-E.

BD

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
Rear Brembo's would be nice. I've considered adding the Baer drilled and slotted kit to my HPP if I decide to track the car and keep it long term.
The rest of that paragraph didn't make much sense to me though. The current HPP already has all those items as standard (except the better rear brakes). At least my '21 does. Magnaride, active valve exhaust, front strut brace, Torsen diff. Recaro's would be nice, sadly you can only option them on the premium, which I never wanted because I prefer the old school analog style gauges and cloth seats over pricey electronics and cold leather in the cold months.. They mention an aux oil cooler, but say nothing about the fact the current HPP already has a diff cooler standard. Wonder if they are dropping the diff cooler or if that is actually a typo meant to read diff (and not) engine cooler? I don't see why you'd need an engine cooler, the PP standards provide you with upgraded radiator and coolant system as it is. In the next paragraph they go on to talk about exterior style changes, sadly, allowing more air in from a larger grill isn't needed on the HPP, in fact, I'm of the opinion it could actually increase drag, but I'm no engineer so I won't argue that point. Same with the hood vents, not really needed at this power level.
Not being able to be equipped with a 6 speed kills it for me, that alone, even if the car didn't resemble the aftermath of a Charger and a Camaro having a love child (which sadly, that's how I see it) would make it not an option for my money.
It appears the more we are learning, the worse it seems to be getting, in my opinion as far as the S650 is concerned.
Looks to me like I'll be keeping my '21 for a very, very long time... And maybe at some point in the future, I might have to look at hot hatches to buy once again?

Reactions: Buldawg76

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Totally agree with all you said. I will be keeping my premium 2020 forever most likely as it will be the last car new car I will buy. I would have preferred the HPP as well, but I got such a great deal on this 2020 when I traded my 2019 edge in last December, I just could not say no. Plus, the wife fell in love with the color, I am not a red car fan, but I don't really see mine as red but more of a candy burgundy color. At least it lets me sleep at night thinking that way. LOL

Got my premium for the same number of payments left on the edge and only 10 bucks more a month to the payment and it only had 5800 miles on it. Got 1700 bucks more for the edge than I paid for it new when trading it in for the mustang.

I have GT calipers that will eventually go on the mustang so will be 4 pistons up front and single out back with the bigger rotors that the HPPs come with. Not Brembo's but still much better than what's on it now.

BD

Reactions: michaelfried665
21 - 26 of 26 Posts