Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my first major mod.

Reached out to Yoi Kazoku - IG @yoikazoku_motorsports ( Austin/San Antonio area ) for help installing a new set of Ksport Coil Overs. They also modified the strut tower for easy access to camber adjustments.
Overall I’m very happy with the Ksport Coil overs and compared to stock it’s a night and day difference. Here are a couple pics of final look.
5D05BE65-4F43-4D6E-8EFA-7F4836F1C525.jpeg
9AD7D282-8121-4525-9D3C-521020C614CB.jpeg
C746E3DB-BD36-4BB8-9B3A-0FA0640B4E60.jpeg

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The stance looks pretty f#ckin baller. The drill out of the strut towers is needed for any serious camber adjustment. There just isn't enough play as-is. Steeda actually makes and sells a special tool for this.

Great job! Great look!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WAW, looks awesome. has it removed the understeer , hop etc. what were your alignment specs?
Alignment specs were perfect after install (professional alignment) afterwards. Handling is so much better and surprisingly less road noise over bumps/highway.The coil overs were left at factory dampening but I can dampen up to 36 different ways. I’m on day 3 of driving around so I’ll post a follow up after they settle. The only negative I could complain about is I have to be more aware going over speedbumps or large humps but that is expected having a lowered car now. Scraping only occurs on larger speedbumps or steep declines but only has happened 2 times so far at super slow speeds. Getting the hang of it, pretty much a zig zag pattern driving over that crap now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stance looks pretty f#ckin baller. The drill out of the strut towers is needed for any serious camber adjustment. There just isn't enough play as-is. Steeda actually makes and sells a special tool for this.

Great job! Great look!
Thanks!! I didn’t want to go crazy low but I think I could. They said I had another inch drop to play with. Lol. Just don’t want to deal with all that scraping. Oh yeah, they hooked it up on that strut tower. Steeda sells that tool but it’s still a small hole. These guys removed the entire hump out of the strut tower and only cut thru the first piece of metal, grinded down the bur and coated with primer/paint to protect.

Next up is Adam+ 350 Package install and probably the larger 4piston brakes off eBay from stock GT. Other than that, a cervini stalker hood and gt350 bumper. Should be a sweet daily driver then.

**can’t forget the smoked tint set from American Muscle 😍

·
Super Moderator
3,461 Posts
Yoi Kazoku - IG @yoikazoku_motorsports ( Austin/San Antonio area )
I looked them up, hoping for another Ecoboost friendly shop in the Austin area, but dude, that's San Antonio. An hour and a half drive to get work done just isn't palatable, though it does look like they work on some killer imports.

what were your alignment specs?
Alignment specs were perfect after install (professional alignment) afterwards.
OK, so they were perfect, but what are they? Did you go with factory specs, or something custom? I'm running -2.1 camber up front...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked them up, hoping for another Ecoboost friendly shop in the Austin area, but dude, that's San Antonio. An hour and a half drive to get work done just isn't palatable, though it does look like they work on some killer imports.

OK, so they were perfect, but what are they? Did you go with factory specs, or something custom? I'm running -2.1 camber up front...
I would have to call and get the alignment specs, they showed me but don’t remember. This shop is worth the drive! They fed me breakfast and lunch, was able to help out and learn, super friendly, community driven, they host clubloose texas drift club and have the best rates. I paid 360.00 for coil over install, 89.00 for alignment and 250.00 for the custom strut tower mod. You will not find better deals in Austin with this type of service. I called so many shops and they all want to rip you off...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would have to call and get the alignment specs, they showed me but don’t remember. This shop is worth the drive! They fed me breakfast and lunch, was able to help out and learn, super friendly, community driven, they host clubloose texas drift club and have the best rates. I paid 360.00 for coil over install, 89.00 for alignment and 250.00 for the custom strut tower mod. You will not find better deals in Austin with this type of service. I called so many shops and they all want to rip you off...
Ask for Justin or TJ, they are the owners. Matt was my technician and I was able to hang out and chat with him, learn about my car and coil overs, etc.

Seriously, you will feel like family going there. I literally chatted with so many random people there getting their cars modded, just hanging out straight chilling like I was part of their group.
Shout out to Tyler Greene for this hookup! He was the one who referred me. Check out his build he did for an Ecoboost drift beast. **** is sick!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,461 Posts
I've got a shop 5 minutes from my house that works on some killer Mazda track cars that I take mine to. They're not cheap, but they back up their work and now that I don't bother with the dealer even for oil changes they take care of that stuff for me as well.

I'm also a night worker, so it's important to me to have a shop I can drop the car off at in the morning and come back just before closing to pick up. Can't do that with a long drive just to get to the shop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a shop 5 minutes from my house that works on some killer Mazda track cars that I take mine to. They're not cheap, but they back up their work and now that I don't bother with the dealer even for oil changes they take care of that stuff for me as well.

I'm also a night worker, so it's important to me to have a shop I can drop the car off at in the morning and come back just before closing to pick up. Can't do that with a long drive just to get to the shop.
I hear ya, whatever is convenient for you. Oh ****, check out Austin DIY shop!! That’s where I do all my basic work. You can rent lifts by the hour and comes with every tool possible! This place is in Austin. I actually installed my Exhaust there for 50.00 dollars rental rate, lol! Basically I’m doing everything minor here from now on! Going to install my Downpipe, 4 Piston Brakes and etc there...wooohoooo

·
Super Moderator
3,461 Posts
LOL!

I actually used Austin DIY to install my exhaust too. For most of the easy mods on our cars I wouldn't bother going thee to rent a lift, but anything underneath, hell yeah.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL!

I actually used Austin DIY to install my exhaust too. For most of the easy mods on our cars I wouldn't bother going thee to rent a lift, but anything underneath, hell yeah.
Lol! Found them randomly searching Google and jaw dropped. Such a cool concept to learn how to work on your own car and save a ton of money installing mods. First time there was a couple weeks ago. Definitely going back once I get a couple more parts in. By any chance do you have experience with Intercoolers and charge pipes??! Lol. I’m wanting to do that next along with my Downpipe just sitting here in my living room 😅

·
Super Moderator
3,461 Posts
Intercooler and charge pipes I did in my driveway. An extra pair of hands can help in removing the front end, though it's not needed. I did those, plus a grille swap all in the same Saturday. None of it's really hard, and none of it required a lift, so renting one would have been overkill. I'll only use Austin DIY for things that I actively need to get the whole car off the ground for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Intercooler and charge pipes I did in my driveway. An extra pair of hands can help in removing the front end, though it's not needed. I did those, plus a grille swap all in the same Saturday. None of it's really hard, and none of it required a lift, so renting one would have been overkill. I'll only use Austin DIY for things that I actively need to get the whole car off the ground for.
Oh damn! I need a mod buddy! 😝 I’m basically a noob doing all these installs. Some seem basic but others have my nerves on edge considering it’s a brand new car. If you ever have free time and wanna help out that would be amazing!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,461 Posts
LOL. Free time!

Like I said, I work nights and weekends, and seldom change up my personal schedule for day-time activities, usually track or autocross time. Most of my "free time" is at home from midnight to 5am. As I've gotten older, and more financially secure, I've come to realize that paying an expert to work on my car is often worth the extra cost.

But hey, if you've got mods planned, parts in hand, and I'm available, I could very well come by and assist, just post up about when and what and I'll let you know if I'm around.

For example, my car got hit in Austin by the hail in March because I was at work, and again by the hailstorm in Round Rock, because I was driving home from my parent's house and got caught in it. And I'm at work now...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
LOL. Free time!

Like I said, I work nights and weekends, and seldom change up my personal schedule for day-time activities, usually track or autocross time. Most of my "free time" is at home from midnight to 5am. As I've gotten older, and more financially secure, I've come to realize that paying an expert to work on my car is often worth the extra cost.

But hey, if you've got mods planned, parts in hand, and I'm available, I could very well come by and assist, just post up about when and what and I'll let you know if I'm around.

For example, my car got hit in Austin by the hail in March because I was at work, and again by the hailstorm in Round Rock, because I was driving home from my parent's house and got caught in it. And I'm at work now...
Jeez, 2 hail storms!? I live in South Austin. Luckily nothing happened and was telling my Girlfriend that we live in some magic valley or something because all this crazy weather around Austin and nothing happens where we live!! Wtf, lol. Even tonight the rain is minimal. Sorry that happened to you! I would be pissed!!!! We both have new Mustangs parked out in the open so that would be a nightmare for us.

Hope the damage is repairable?

Yeah I totally get that being busy, just thought I would throw that idea out there. Always thought it would be cool to have people with same interests able to connect and team up. So far YouTube has been my training manual. Surprisingly it’s effective but still nerve wrecking taking my car apart. Lol

I’ll try and start a Build post and do a proper diary build here soon. Already have like 4-5 Cosmetics and now the coil overs and strut tower mod. Engine performance is the next mods I want to do and have been reading through Adams Tune+ FAQ.

basically I need a UPR Dual Catch Can and his 350WHP package for my next mod goals. Probably stick with that for awhile until I pay off the loan and then have fun with crazy ****. Lol!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Did you measure the amount of drop achieved after the installation of your coilovers? Btw, welcome, and your car looks nice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you measure the amount of drop achieved after the installation of your coilovers? Btw, welcome, and your car looks nice!
The tech measured but I just did the finger test. Lol! Basically I can put almost two fingers in now. 😅😅😅 It’s low but not annoyingly low where you scrape all the time. Just perfect. I’ll do a proper measure once they settle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts