Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So we've been having the cylinder head issue since the new mustang ecoboost came out. I've had a couple of friends blow the engines and get new ones (with warranty) because of this issue. I'm talking about non modified ecoboosts. This issue can be fatal for us, as we don't have warranty on a modified car or tuned and it can blow anytime.

If you never heard of this problem is usually refered to "my car has white smoke". There's a couple of posts about this here, it usually breaks the engine when the coolant gets mixed with oil, causing this white smoke.

Here's the link to the news so you can check it out, let's hope Ford does something to fix this issue.
Ford Faces New Class-Action Lawsuit Over 4-Cylinder EcoBoost Coolant Leak Issue - autoevolution

What do you think about this? :unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hey guys,

So we've been having the cylinder head issue since the new mustang ecoboost came out. I've had a couple of friends blow the engines and get new ones (with warranty) because of this issue. I'm talking about non modified ecoboosts. This issue can be fatal for us, as we don't have warranty on a modified car or tuned and it can blow anytime.

If you never heard of this problem is usually refered to "my car has white smoke". There's a couple of posts about this here, it usually breaks the engine when the coolant gets mixed with oil, causing this white smoke.

Here's the link to the news so you can check it out, let's hope Ford does something to fix this issue.
Ford Faces New Class-Action Lawsuit Over 4-Cylinder EcoBoost Coolant Leak Issue - autoevolution

What do you think about this? :unsure::unsure:
It appears to only refer to 2.0 and below EcoBoost engines. Though I've always known that even the 2.3 has head gasket issues from weak head studs. It seams that in this case the coolant isn't leaking from the head gasket but from a leak somewhere in the block casting. This is most likely due to poor casting design. I would imagine the 2.3 isn't seeing this issue due to its open deck cooling design unlike the semi closed or closed deck design of the 2.0 and below.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This isn’t the 2.3. The only real issue with the 2.3 was incorrect head gasket installations in a batch that were destined for Focus RS engines but installed on mustang engines. No similar problems since I believe these engines came from the Ford/Mazda design days, the problem engines are a new engine design

1 - 3 of 3 Posts