Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. Sorry I've been absent. I thought I'd make a post for a new mod list I'm thinking of getting. I'd like any recommendations. I have a 2018 Premium with the 10spd Auto.
Here is my list for right now:
CVFab Race Intercooler - $500 (CVFab Website)
4x 235-50R18 Summer Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires for my stock rims - $896 (TireRack)
BMR CB500B Level 2 Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - $210 (LethalPerformance)
UPR Dual-valve Catchcan with Drain Line Kit - $288 (FFPerformance)
Gloss Black Pony emblem for front grille and rear decklid - $120 (60$ per on CJPonyParts)
Also, I still have my Certified Pre-Owned warranty for about 5 years 5 months. My local Ford dealer said that installing these items won't void my warranty due to part failures and they would warranty the parts for 3 years 36k miles. I know that getting a pro-tune would give me better results, but I want to keep my warranty. I also wouldn't go with the Ford Procal kit because it is only warrantied for 3 years after the vehicle is manufactured and takes over the CPO warranty.
I decided that the parts I listed are the best for me since I can keep my warranty. I daily drive and take my car to the local drag strip about once a week, and I'm thinking about doing some autocross.
Apologies for creating a wall of text. Also, please tell me what you recommend, or if you think certain parts aren't necessary (since I have about $900 and am on a budget). Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello fellow boosty bois. I recently made a new mod list for what I plan to buy soon. I have a 2018 Ecoboost Premium (non PP) with the 10 speed auto. I would like to see what you guys think of the list and what else you recommend I get. I mostly daily drive the car, and I also go to the drag strip a couple times a month. Thinking about also doing some autocross in the future.
Here's the list (not official):
1. CVFab Race Intercooler ($499.99 from CVFab website)
2. Four Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires in 235-50R18 for my stock wheels ($895.96 from TireRack website)
3. BMR CB005B Level 2 Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit ($209.95 from Lethal Performance website)
4. UPR Dual-valve Catch can with added Drain Line Kit ($288 from FFPerformance website)
5. Either a set of black chrome pony badges for the front grille and back decklid, or a Bullitt grille and Accelatec gloss black taillight panel ($119.98 for the first option or $695.28 for the second)

·
Super Moderator
3,270 Posts
With autocross in mind, head over to Sports Car Club of America and read through the rules. Modifications done to the car change what class you end up in, and who you're competing against. Once you've done that find your local autocross club and ask them how they feel about mods on cars in local competition. Generally they'll look the other way with novices who have mods outside of the usual rule set. Just another piece of the puzzle to keep in mind.

·
Registered
120 Posts
it's a good list. my NOVICE observation. 1. i would get the 10% code from CVF and get that to $450 assuming i was unable to find the cp-e race on sale for ~$600
2. who can argue Michelin sport4s ? so long as 235 is wide enough for you.
3. i only just started suspension research recently. i read positive things about bmr cboo5 .. my early research has me liking Steeda Stop the Hop package $350-10%=$310
4. i have the UPR dvcc. it's great. i didn't opt for the drain bc im cheap. but opening the valve every month to drain feels worthwhile vs unscrewing it everytime and abusing the O-ring seal.
5. dress up is personal. i wouldnt stand between a man and his aesthetic pleasure

if you don't already have a Hi Flow drop-in Air Filter- i like it as a solid first investment

·
Super Moderator
3,270 Posts
Oh, about tires...

Question: are the Michelins going on your daily driven wheels, or your stock wheels for use as "autocross tires"? The Michelins aren't the most competitive autocross tires by a good margin. If these are to be dedicated autocross tires, I would wait until after the first couple of outings and talk to the folks with the local club about tires, they'll have some recommendations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts