Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

What motor would you want in your Mustang?

• Big Displacement and Thirsty

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Small and Force Fed

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Diesel with Turbos. They do it in Germany!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hybrid Tech, like F1

• All Electric Instant Torque for Smokey Burnouts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Motor Isn't That Important if the Car is Pretty Enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new Mustang being offered up with the EcoBoost engine, is this the sign that Ford will be starting a move toward more Eco-friendly cars?

Should FoMoCo start thinking green, or do you guys still want the powerful big displacement motors in you muscle cars?

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's no replacement for displacement :) I'm a Cubic Inch and naturally aspirated kinda guy. Not that I dislike forced induction motor's or anything

·
Registered
18 Posts
To me ecoboost just means direct injection turbo engines. Ford calls it ecoboost for Green people. What I am waiting for is ecoboost 5.0. V8s with boost would be my choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's a big move for Ford. I'm impressed that they did the Ecoboost in the Mustang. The handling must be amazing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are many fine Tuners out there that I am sure are just waiting to get their hands on our 4's. I know one person that will have Great interest in this 4 Cyc.. He's in Florida and I just may drop him a line about this. I am sure most know him. He took the F-ST and turned it into a tire eating machine with huge increase in HP/TQ.
Doc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts