Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2020 Premium. After taking a test drive elsewhere I was plenty impressed with the handling and pep of this newest gen. Kinda sorta happened across this one but if I had to check the boxes myself it’s exactly what I’d do for options. Also 25% off MSRP for a zero mile unsold vehicle was nice. 5k miles, an oil change, and one month of ownership has me impressed. Taken more than a few 500 mile road trips on a single tank of gas and had a comfortable time close to 8 hours in the seat. Considering the Ford Performance tune in the near future as the only modification. Currently sitting at a [email protected] and 5.5 0-60 but it’d be fun to squeeze a little more out of the car within “factory approved” specs. Love the active exhaust - kinda odd option for a basic-ish premium huh? Looked at the Performance Package cars but for the “performance” aspect it’s easy to close the gap and still have the basic styling that I actually prefer in mine. And yeah I’m the type of guy that would do a factory option badge delete on a GT if I could lol. Insurance, cost of entry, and gas (moving to Cali soon) made me shy away from the GT’s but I think I got a lot of bang for my buck shopping around and finding this one when I did. Happy to join y’all!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Love those PP wheels in silver.

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Very nice looking car. Those wheels look much better in silver than black. My black ones are paper weights in the garage.

Not sure what changes have been made to the performance package over the years, but when I was looking, the PP was well worth the small premium. Couldn't buy half of the stuff it came with for the difference. The HPP is a little different than the PP though if that's what you're talking about. I have a 2016 6-speed non-premium EBPP with Ford tune and my girlfriend has a 2019 A10 Premium convertible. Night and day difference between the 2. Mine is very rigid, precise, and likes the mid-upper rpm range and hers feels more like a "passenger car" that's pretty comfortable with very usable lower rpm grunt, but no gusto when you press the pedal. For a daily, I'm actually a fan of hers. And I've never said this about any other car so far, but her OEM LED headlights are superior to my OEM HID headlights. Very surprising actually.

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost High Performance Package
8 Posts
Looks nice! Good choice! I also prefer the pony badges to GT.
As a California resident, try to put at least 7,500 miles on her before you bring her to California, it'll make the emissions inspection a bit easier! :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of quality posting going on here from a well rounded group.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Looks nice! Good choice! I also prefer the pony badges to GT.
As a California resident, try to put at least 7,500 miles on her before you bring her to California, it'll make the emissions inspection a bit easier! :)
As long as it's registered in the state he's coming from first, he can register it here just fine when he moves without having to pile on the miles haha (y)

From DMV's FAQ:
"If you are moving to California from another state, you may register a new 49-state vehicle if it was first registered by you in your home state, or for military personnel, in the last state of your military service. When applying for vehicle registration in California, you must provide evidence that the vehicle was registered."

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost High Performance Package
8 Posts
As long as it's registered in the state he's coming from first, he can register it here just fine when he moves without having to pile on the miles haha (y)

From DMV's FAQ:
"If you are moving to California from another state, you may register a new 49-state vehicle if it was first registered by you in your home state, or for military personnel, in the last state of your military service. When applying for vehicle registration in California, you must provide evidence that the vehicle was registered."
yeah they're not SUPPOSE to give you a hard time if it's already registered in your name.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice looking car. Those wheels look much better in silver than black. My black ones are paper weights in the garage.

Not sure what changes have been made to the performance package over the years, but when I was looking, the PP was well worth the small premium. Couldn't buy half of the stuff it came with for the difference. The HPP is a little different than the PP though if that's what you're talking about. I have a 2016 6-speed non-premium EBPP with Ford tune and my girlfriend has a 2019 A10 Premium convertible. Night and day difference between the 2. Mine is very rigid, precise, and likes the mid-upper rpm range and hers feels more like a "passenger car" that's pretty comfortable with very usable lower rpm grunt, but no gusto when you press the pedal. For a daily, I'm actually a fan of hers. And I've never said this about any other car so far, but her OEM LED headlights are superior to my OEM HID headlights. Very surprising actually.

Yeah I meant to specify "HPP." I found a couple unsold ones for fair prices but still a 4-5k jump from mine. No buyers regrets fortunately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

From DMV's FAQ:
I am actually military but my last place of service was Mississippi while the car was still registered in Missouri. Hopefully it won't be too much hassle.

·
Super Moderator
6,434 Posts
I am actually military but my last place of service was Mississippi while the car was still registered in Missouri. Hopefully it won't be too much hassle.
Used to be you could get away with everything while in the military with the DMV. We had cars registered all over the country and owned property in El Cajon. I'm sure the laws have changed a lot since 1996.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts