Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I'm posting right. I have a 2015 Eco, atm it has IC, Intake, catless dp, and axleback, the catless dp due to my inexperience with this platform causes the vehicle to run very rich and has already practically destroyed my plugs. I plan to get them replaced but need a tuning advisement as most big tuners wont tune catless now thanks to EPA scum. Can anyone give me any ideas? I also did try putting back in O2 sensor but no change. Vehicle is undrivable atm cause I don't want any damage. I am located in DFW, Texas.

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
Dallas and Tarrant Counties are emissions controlled counties in Texas. I'd recommend putting the stock downpipe back on.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
908 Posts
I'm sure it won't be hard to find one in the states

Reactions: zhent

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure it won't be hard to find one in the states
Ive tried quite a few, speedtek, Redline motorsports, Alamo Motorsports, etc but im not very familiar with eco tuners in area. I'd be happy with a remote tune also, I have an sct x4. Just hoping someone here can recommend someone to me.

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
I don't think he's talking about finding a tuner, but a stock downpipe. With the EPA all over the tuners these days no-one will tune for a catless downpipe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think he's talking about finding a tuner, but a stock downpipe. With the EPA all over the tuners these days no-one will tune for a catless downpipe.
Wow you think? That sucks means I wasted money. My 17' CSS never acted like this with catless but obv it was not a turbo platform. To get a cat reinstalled should go highflow with a performance shop or just a stock cat? Is it worth?

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
I'm still shocked that you don't have the stock downpipe sitting around. With the emissions requirements and testing in place you'd need to swap in the stock downpipe every year for inspections. I ran a highflow cat for just under a year, but it wouldn't pass inspection, so went back to the stock downpipe and haven't bothered going back.

A hint: Never get rid of the stock parts, you may need them eventually.

Reactions: Mustang_Corps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still shocked that you don't have the stock downpipe sitting around. With the emissions requirements and testing in place you'd need to swap in the stock downpipe every year for inspections. I ran a highflow cat for just under a year, but it wouldn't pass inspection, so went back to the stock downpipe and haven't bothered going back.

A hint: Never get rid of the stock parts, you may need them eventually.
Yeah for inspect I know a guy so I've never needed it. Dang, I really like the backfires from being catless. Guess I'll go stock cat :( Thank you for the help, Hopefully getting a cat back on wont be too pricey.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
908 Posts
You can still have back fires with a stock DP with a burble tune, hell even an axle back will give you a few pops and bangs if that's what your after

·
Registered
83 Posts
Really? All tuners won't tune for a catless DP??? I'm pretty sure they would on the DL. You probably have to have a history of going to them for all your tuning for a bit though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts