Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ecoboost - 1” drop, C&L CAI, 92 octane performance Unleashed Tune, NGK plugs
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2017 Mustang EB this past Sunday. It was very spontaneous as we were driving down the road, and to the left, this gorgeous grabber blue Mustang parked so pretty. I wanted to get away from my 2004 Hummer H2 as I was rarely driving it, and it was taking up space. So, when they offered me $10k for trade-in, I went for it. The Mustang is your base model, which is fine by me as I already knew that I would be upgrading the stereo, inside aesthetics, and starting off with a cold air intake and tune.

Today, I purchased the Roush cold air intake, NGK 6510 spark plugs, and the Unleashed REV-X Custom tuner, all from Unleashed Tuning. Consistent with everyone else, Torrie is fantastic with stellar customer service.

I'm 38 and feel like a kid. I pretty much bought the car for my 15-year-old son, who absolutely loves it. However, not sure I'll be able to give it up in a year :)

I also have a 77 Chevrolet Corvette, so I didn't need another beastly v8. I'm excited to start this journey.

Take care, everyone.

·
Registered
2017 Ecoboost - 1” drop, C&L CAI, 92 octane performance Unleashed Tune, NGK plugs
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just purchased a 2017 Mustang EB this past Sunday. It was very spontaneous as we were driving down the road, and to the left, this gorgeous grabber blue Mustang parked so pretty. I wanted to get away from my 2004 Hummer H2 as I was rarely driving it, and it was taking up space. So, when they offered me $10k for trade-in, I went for it. The Mustang is your base model, which is fine by me as I already knew that I would be upgrading the stereo, inside aesthetics, and starting off with a cold air intake and tune.

Today, I purchased the Roush cold air intake, NGK 6510 spark plugs, and the Unleashed REV-X Custom tuner, all from Unleashed Tuning. Consistent with everyone else, Torrie is fantastic with stellar customer service.

I'm 38 and feel like a kid. I pretty much bought the car for my 15-year-old son, who absolutely loves it. However, not sure I'll be able to give it up in a year :)

I also have a 77 Chevrolet Corvette, so I didn't need another beastly v8. I'm excited to start this journey.

Take care, everyone.

·
Super Moderator
6,324 Posts
Yeah right, give it up to your son. Ha Ha.

Welcome. Beautiful car. Great rainy Washington day.

Reactions: JiujitsuMustang

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah right, give it up to your son. Ha Ha.

Welcome. Beautiful car. Great rainy Washington day.
I know, right. He’s reconfirmed almost everyday so far, lol. “So, uh, dad, you’re going to give this to me next year, right?” 😆

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats! Welcome. That's also an aftermarket spoiler and decklid. And if my eyes serve me correctly, I feel like the car has maybe a one inch drop lowering springs.
Correct on all accounts. I might even take it down an additional inch getting it just above flush. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Correct on all accounts. I might even take it down an additional inch getting it just above flush. Thoughts?
I have one inch drop myself. I love it like it is. I simply just thought that stock showed too much wheel well. I didn't want to go any further because then I would have probably had to replace the shocks/struts and a few other tidbits to make the geometry work to keep the ride with some needed cushioning. But plenty of people do. If you don't mind the harshness of a 'slammed' ride, then by all means....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have one inch drop myself. I love it like it is. I simply just thought that stock showed too much wheel well. I didn't want to go any further because then I would have probably had to replace the shocks/struts and a few other tidbits to make the geometry work to keep the ride with some needed cushioning. But plenty of people do. If you don't mind the harshness of a 'slammed' ride, then by all means....
Wow, just looked at your ride and the build. Amazing! I’m so in the honeymoon stages, I think I’m having a little mid-life crisis with this one, 😆. My 77 corvette doesn’t count as it’s sentimental and was my father’s.
I just ordered the Roush cold air intake, BDX Unleashed REV-X Custom Tuner, and NGK 6510 spark plugs all from Unlimited Tuning. I’m going to start there and then slowly build up from there. This is a lot of fun 🤩

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Wow, just looked at your ride and the build. Amazing! I’m so in the honeymoon stages, I think I’m having a little mid-life crisis with this one, 😆. My 77 corvette doesn’t count as it’s sentimental and was my father’s.
I just ordered the Roush cold air intake, BDX Unleashed REV-X Custom Tuner, and NGK 6510 spark plugs all from Unlimited Tuning. I’m going to start there and then slowly build up from there. This is a lot of fun 🤩
haha. i really need to update my pics. those are from dec 2019! but thank u sir!! you've come to the right place to find out anything you need to know about he ecoboost mustang. plenty of enthusiasts here who've just about 'done it all'.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha. i really need to update my pics. those are from dec 2019! but thank u sir!! you've come to the right place to find out anything you need to know about he ecoboost mustang. plenty of enthusiasts here who've just about 'done it all'.
Thanks for making me feel welcome; that's awesome and not always the case these days.
I have unsettling thoughts on tuning these engines. I've done a lot of research the past couple of days before deciding to buy the unleaded tuner and Roush CAI from Torrie @ Unleashed. His customer service is on-point, very knowledgeable, etc. However, I'm still uneasy about adding a tune in fear of something terrible happening. I'm sure everyone has felt that way before doing it. Do you (or others) have any experience on this topic? I get it, don't make any changes unless you're willing to replace the motor :)

·
Super Moderator
3,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't beat on it too much and you should be fine with the tune. I tuned mine a couple months after I bought my 2017, and no issues. My tune was from Tune+.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome to the forum. Don't beat on it too much and you should be fine with the tune. I tuned mine a couple months after I bought my 2017, and no issues. My tune was from Tune+.
Indeed. And I added the tune today. Definitely has woken the pony up. Having fun 😎

1 - 19 of 19 Posts