Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come across this place while I was shopping around for a new daily and thought I'd introduce myself! Looks like a great place to hangout.

I'm a Ford guy thru and thru entire family and I needed a new daily after racking up about 300,xxx on my rscb 11' 5.0 absolutely love that truck and only had one issue to this day bad fuel pump but I can't afford the gas, lol. Couldn't bring myself to get a Fiesta or Focus for only about a 10mpg gain over the Ecoboost Mustang figured I wouldn't enjoy owning one so I pulled the trigger just last week on a used 2019 with the 10 speed auto 18k miles partially loaded with the black accent package.

Loving the car so far driving it fairly hard and still getting great gas mileage. Just ordered some parts yesterday hope to get installed next week with my old man fun little project compared to old fox bodys.

Parts on the way are listed
-Roush Cold Air Intake
-CVF Race Intercooler
-CVF Charge Pipe Kit
-J&L 3.0 Oil Separator
-Turbosmart Wastegate Actuator 7 psi
-HKS Blow Off Valve SSQV

If anybody can recommend a good Tuner here in North Texas that would be much appreciated!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to be sure to check that one out I've been around over on dfwstangs and svt performance for years but the ecoboost chat is lacking over there

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't really tell the difference in performance but you can hear it sounds really great especially when you get onto the throttle. Got everything else in today and plan to install this weekend, that cvf Intercooler is massive.

Y'all think I'll run into any issues running stock tune with these mods until I can get a pro tune? Downpipe/exhaust w/ Tuner are next on the list

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the quick response and I'm very happy to hear that. I intend on getting exhaust next looking at Ford performance Sport cat back by Borla and kooks catted Downpipe. I'm still not sure on the tuners but I've been looking around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds like a pretty sweet setup you've got there, I didn't realize you could get the FP tune with our mods heck I may just try and go that route for now. I need to dig into that some more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yessir got the charge pipes with the HKS Flange and every video installation I've seen everybody is hooking up to the opposite side with the bov? I'm about to just take off the charge pipes and put factory one back on until I can get that adapter in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Okay so I'm done for the day.... that's enough for me, lol. Texas heat killing us.

Few photos though.... got the Wastegate actuator on with the cvf race intercooler and just connected the cvf charge pipes to the intake and left the other factory until I can figure it out. Also got the catch can installed.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Rim

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank you so much for the help yesterday you pretty much said what I was trying to look up on the fly. I shoulda done more research on the universal hks bov and knew I'd need something else. Is there a contact for Jason listed on CVF website?

Once I get the bov situation taken care of which should be soon I'll be looking into my next mod.

Still can't decide whether or not I want to pull the trigger on the Downpipe just yet from what I have read some seem to have issues after going with aftermarket Downpipe.

Thinking about going with big brake kit brembos out front and GT brakes in the rear been looking into some threads on here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I contacted him thru the mustang6g forum so you may want to join that forum as well. Here is his profile there where you can start a conversation with him from tab in his profile. Or just send an email to CVFab website requesting to have Jason respond back to you.

cvf-jason | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

Blad to help. From the info i have read of you install an aftermarket downpipe that has a 200 cell cat you will most likely have to also buy a post cat O2 spacer to fool the PCM to keep from setting a post cat efficiency code. You will also need a custom tune to get the most out of the DP. Most tuners now will not tune your car if you have a non catted DP also due to EPA cracking down on the tuners.

BD
I still need to check them out over there when I get out of work today I'll look into it. I'll definitely be contacting Jason thanks for that.

The Downpipe I'm looking at is kooks GREEN catted DP but tbh I still need to do my research on them compared to their regular catted DP since there is a huge jump up in price between the two. I'd be pairing it with the FP Borla Sport Cat-Back

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Next up I have the kooks downpipe ordered but it'll take 8-10 weeks unfortunately so it'll be a while.

I was on the fence about a Tuner seems everyone on here uses Tune+ or PD Tuning with Cobb Accessport. I've decided to go another route with the SCT X4 and getting the car dyno tuned by HPP out of Dallas. Just feels more comfortable having someone actually work on the car and tune it. Hoping I didn't make wrong decision, lol. I'll post up dyno numbers when I get them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If I'm being honest the BOV was the only thing I couldn't figure out myself so I took it to a shop and this was the result, I did notice it was routed differently from the others I had seen and from what Jason recommended with the kit. The car is running really good though and the bov actually sounds phenomenal better/louder than I expected with the 10r80.

I actually took it to a shop in Dallas that primarily works on JDM cars nothing but fully built k-tuned Hondas etc... I've known about these guys for 30+ years but never had opportunity to get any work done with them but very helpful and even swapped out the plastic for brass on the HKS kit.

Maybe someone can chime in if this BOV setup will give me problems but so far so good.

I've heard really great things about HPP but nothing really ecoboost related so I'm just taking a chance but I think building relationship with a reputable shop will help long term.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yessir guage is still reading boost just as normal that was the first thing they did when finished installing was to make sure I was still making boost. You've got me a little worried, lol but I do believe they did a good job.

Got an opportunity to do a test run over the weekend only did one run wish I had run the car stock so I had a baseline but just been using motor trends 13.9 @ 97.2 MPH as a reference.
Car did 0-60 in 5.4 sec and ran the quarter mile 13.4 @ 107 MPH definitely had some wheel spin on newly paved black top. Car feels much stronger up top now so this is in line with my butt dyno. Impressive without any tune just straight bolt ons.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Really disappointed at the moment purchased the Ford Performance Borla Sport catback and got up to muffler shop and started to get it hooked up then figured out it wasn't going to fit. Lot of money to waste on something that didn't even fit. Process of sending back and getting refund from AM.

Maybe just go kooks full 3" downpipe/exhaust or talk to Ford about sending me the correct one which is few hundred more from Ford. Not sure why exhaust didn't fit, instructions were for 2018 model idk if that matters.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts