Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just joined but couldn't figure out how to start my own post haha

So I'm in the market for a new car and found a 2018 ecoboost with the PP, digital cluster, touch screen NAV, 10 speed AT. It's listed at $29,888 with 19,449 miles (CA Price).

I was wondering what I should be looking for and expecting when going to see/drive the car. I test drove one a couple months ago that was also an 18 with the PP and the car felt torquey I may say, it was ready to be unleashed when touching the throttle one may say. Is this a sign that the car actually came with the PP?

Appreciate the help.

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I moved you to your own post.

When it comes to the Ecoboost, before the creation of the HPP cars, there's no difference in power level between a PP car and a non-PP car. The factory Performance Pack doesn't add power, it adds handling performance.

On an '18 PP car look for 4 piston front brakes, oil pressure and boost gauges in the center of the dash, and the performance pack wing on the back. The rest of the PP differences are kind of hidden, with a bigger radiator, different springs, and rear sway bar.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Personally, I think that car is way over priced. I bought my 2018 Vert, two years ago, and paid 25,000 out the door.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum. I moved you to your own post.

When it comes to the Ecoboost, before the creation of the HPP cars, there's no difference in power level between a PP car and a non-PP car. The factory Performance Pack doesn't add power, it adds handling performance.

On an '18 PP car look for 4 piston front brakes, oil pressure and boost gauges in the center of the dash, and the performance pack wing on the back. The rest of the PP differences are kind of hidden, with a bigger radiator, different springs, and rear sway bar.
Appreciate the help Zhent! I'll make sure to take a look at those parts when seeing the car. This one actually doesn't come with a wing, assuming the previous owner had a wing delete?

I do see the gauges present and the rims but the dealer doesn't have pictures showing the engine. Here is a picture of the car I hope to call mine very soon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Personally, I think that car is way over priced. I bought my 2018 Vert, two years ago, and paid 25,000 out the door.
Not in todays world it isn't. With new car dealerships having virtually zero new cars in stock used cars are selling for a huge premium. A car that should sell for twenty thousand can easily sell for 30k. Just the way it is right now. Once new cars become available again then the used car pricing will become normal again.

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Used car prices today are way up. Low mile, recent year vehicles are selling for close to new prices, since new cars are in short supply.
I agree with Jack on this one. Used car prices in this day are very high especially around my area, not to mention the gas prices in Los Angeles..ridiculous.

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
The wheels look right for the year, and yes, it could be a spoiler delete option, that was available on this year.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could go with a non-PP eco and save me some money but it seems that the PP available options are worth it. I like the aesthetics of the car so wouldn't want to change anything there, I'd eventually want to upgrade the IC, add the Ford Tune, CAI, and maybe add a new exhaust system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts