Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
If using the Cobb AP, couldn't you return to stock tune prior to dealer ship appointment?
Sure you could, but people say there's a flash timer that shows how much time/many miles it's been since the last flash (or a flash counter). If there's a serious issue, and they see it's been very recently flashed without any dealer record of a flash... You get the picture. In that post, I was actually referring to blowing the motor/head gasket, not just getting caught for being tuned. Both roads lead to the same destination though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sure you could, but people say there's a flash timer that shows how much time/many miles it's been since the last flash (or a flash counter). If there's a serious issue, and they see it's been very recently flashed without any dealer record of a flash... You get the picture. In that post, I was actually referring to blowing the motor/head gasket, not just getting caught for being tuned. Both roads lead to the same destination though.
Flashing back to the OEM tune has worked for some and failed for others. It really comes down to the individual Ford dealer since they are the ones doing the diagnosis. There have been some members on M6G who flashed back to stock and had friends at the Ford dealership so they were able to get the engine replaced under warranty.

I purchased the Bama Rev-X SCT tuner with 2 custom tunes that allows flashing to OEM on demand. I waited until my 5/60 expired before flashing the ECU.

If you are not prepared to replace an engine at your own cost of around 7k you should either not flash the ECU or go with the FP tune that has a 3/36 powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Flashing back to the OEM tune has worked for some and failed for others. It really comes down to the individual Ford dealer since they are the ones doing the diagnosis. There have been some members on M6G who flashed back to stock and had friends at the Ford dealership so they were able to get the engine replaced under warranty.

I purchased the Bama Rev-X SCT tuner with 2 custom tunes that allows flashing to OEM on demand. I waited until my 5/60 expired before flashing the ECU.

If you are not prepared to replace an engine at your own cost of around 7k you should either not flash the ECU or go with the FP tune that has a 3/36 powertrain warranty.
Thanks for the heads up on reflash. I just bought a 2019 with 20k. Ford factory warranty (at this time) is worth the wait. I just bought an axle back exhaust and wheels and tires coming soon. Looks like the drop in air filter and the axle backs is the way to go for now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cfab race innercooler 👌 I get all my aftermarket stuff from parker performance. You can find them on facebook and Instagram.
I would suggest upr dual catch can also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Forgot to mention Airaid intake tube . You can switch out the air box but I kept mine factory. Many people said the factory box works the best without wasting money.

·
Registered
559 Posts
QUOTE="NicksGTR, post: 246945, member: 17248"]
If using the Cobb AP, couldn't you return to stock tune prior to dealer ship appointment?
[/QUOTE]

Yes but its still detectable even when its flashed back to stock.

·
Registered
559 Posts

21 - 27 of 27 Posts