Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
This dude 'StangMode' puts out some pretty decent youtube content, and he's based out of NJ. He has a video here of him at a shop getting his springs installed...maybe you could reach out to him, or simply try to place the shop by the video?

However, I would advise, from someone who recently just went through this process myself, that you do some research so that you ask the RIGHT questions, in order to get the correct quote. Just about any carshop worth anything can put springs in for you. What your're concerned about is the 'details' surrounding what exactly they will do, and A LOT of that is basically what your goals are and what amount of drop you want to put in. For instance, if anything over an inch, you're probably gonna want some sort of camber adjustment kit(s). Heck, even I had to put in some camber adjustment and I only dropped it an inch. Also, are you bringing your own Bumpstops, or are you relying on the shop to cut them for you? In the end, with some great guidance from @KewlWinter he and I were able to put in my springs ourselves. It was my first time ever doing so. Learned A LOT. It really was not that difficult, but I completely understand if this is not an undertaking you want to go after, as it is plenty tedious.

So yeah, do your research, and just call and ask around for quotes. Ask good questions, and you will get specific responses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This dude 'StangMode' puts out some pretty decent youtube content, and he's based out of NJ. He has a video here of him at a shop getting his springs installed...maybe you could reach out to him, or simply try to place the shop by the video?

However, I would advise, from someone who recently just went through this process myself, that you do some research so that you ask the RIGHT questions, in order to get the correct quote. Just about any carshop worth anything can put springs in for you. What your're concerned about is the 'details' surrounding what exactly they will do, and A LOT of that is basically what your goals are and what amount of drop you want to put in. For instance, if anything over an inch, you're probably gonna want some sort of camber adjustment kit(s). Heck, even I had to put in some camber adjustment and I only dropped it an inch. Also, are you bringing your own Bumpstops, or are you relying on the shop to cut them for you? In the end, with some great guidance from @KewlWinter he and I were able to put in my springs ourselves. It was my first time ever doing so. Learned A LOT. It really was not that difficult, but I completely understand if this is not an undertaking you want to go after, as it is plenty tedious.

So yeah, do your research, and just call and ask around for quotes. Ask good questions, and you will get specific responses.
thank you! i will check this out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i do most of the mods/maintenance on my car by myself but i'm a but nervous about dropping the rear sub frame plus I've never compressed springs. thanks for the advice and i will continue doing some research before i pull the plug. i have some time to decide since i only recently got the car and winter is around the corner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.