Summit Motorsports Park Norwalk Ohio
June 9-12, 2022

Reactions: elkwood

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Receipt Handwriting Font Material property Rectangle

Made my 1st pass to test my E85 port injection system. Broke my own personal best 1/4 mile ET record (set while burning a mix of 75% 93 octane pump gas and 25% VP X85 canned ethanol) by .008 seconds. And I did it with ethanol pump fuel (which tested as E65, which probably means 65% ethanol and 35% unknown liquid).

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Receipt Sleeve Font Material property Rectangle

Cut another .064 off my personal best 1/4 mile run!? Not sure how, still has the same poor quality fuel in the tank and the DA is up another 409 feet/points...
*MPH dropped by 4 mph??

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Glad to see you gettin it done setting new personnel records. Keep it up.

BD

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

Got eliminated in the 1st round, by .0014 seconds!
*MPH was only 109.53 and motor had poor top end performance??

• Wow
Reactions: Buldawg76 and zhent

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Looks like it was another eco that got you, correct. Bummer, but it was really darn close.

At Memphis right now getting ready for the hot rod power tour start tomorrow. :D:D

BD

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like it was another eco that got you, correct. Bummer, but it was really darn close.

At Memphis right now getting ready for the hot rod power tour start tomorrow. :D:D

BD
No, it was a Coyote V8 Mustang, I'm the only non GT, non V8 in my class. Good luck on the Power Tour! Be safe, have fun!!

Reactions: Buldawg76

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ok, I just saw a pony on the rear deck panel so assumed it was not a GT, I do remember you telling me you were the only eco in the series. You only losing by 14 hundredths is amazing, keep at it and you will be spanking the GTs in no time.

Just got in from the power tour to motel and man is it hot here at 100 degrees in the shade. Lots and lots of all kinds of cars to see for sure. On to Nashville tomorrow to do it again.

BD

·
Administrator
6,676 Posts
We need a hell o a post on that event! I want to do that sometime.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well just got home from the power tour from Hell o for sure. It was 100 degrees every day from the start at Memphis all the way to Atlanta. Felt like a week in Hades and I am completely worn out. It was fun for sure and all kind of cars to be seen but just way too hot to be able to truly enjoy it fully. If you are going to do it, make sure it's either up north in the summer or in spring or fall in the south. If it would have been two weeks ago here in the southeast, it would have been great weather, but this past week was brutal to say the least. My eco idling in the lines to get into the events had intake temps of 152.00 degrees every day and was whimpering for relief.

I did do a dyno pull in Pensacola, FL and recorded a corrected 264 RWHP and 380 RWTQ in 6th gear at 100 degrees outside temps and an intake temp of 129 degrees so all things considered not too bad. Thats with the FP tune, MBRP cat back, K&N panel filter, AFE intake tube, CVFab IC and charge pipes and TB spacer, GFB DV+ BPV kit, JLT catch can with UPR 100 psi check valve inline, UPR valve cover one way breather. I could not do 7th gear pulls which would be 1:1 since the speed limiter kicked in at 122 mph so 6th gear was 1.27:1 ratio and still hit rev limiter at 117 mph. Actual 6th gear numbers were 264 RWHP and 427 RWTQ uncorrected. Blue is pull in 7th, light and dark green are pulls in 6th gear.

Man, it's good to be home is all I can say.

BD

Rectangle Black Slope Font Plot

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome! Sounds like quite an event for both driver and car, glad you enjoyed it!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yep, had a great time just wish it was not so darn hot every day. Now my vacation starts. :);)

BD

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rectangle Black Slope Organism Font

That's pretty cool that you were able to get on a Dyno! Were you able to data log while being tested?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
No did not get any data logs on the dyno there was a good line waiting and it was just so hot I did not want to heat soak the engine any more than needed. Not really happy with the scaling of the graph since it stops at 5k rpm when my pulls were from 3K to 6K, but for 80 bucks for 3 pulls I guess I can't complain too much.

Hp is a very nice flat curve and tons of low rpm torque, I think if it had been cooler outside it would have made better numbers.

BD

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No did not get any data logs on the dyno there was a good line waiting and it was just so hot I did not want to heat soak the engine any more than needed. Not really happy with the scaling of the graph since it stops at 5k rpm when my pulls were from 3K to 6K, but for 80 bucks for 3 pulls I guess I can't complain too much.

Hp is a very nice flat curve and tons of low rpm torque, I think if it had been cooler outside it would have made better numbers.

BD
I think you're right! My last run was in the heat of the day and I ran out of power early in my RPM range. I did data log the run, plus recorded the weather conditions. Just haven't had the time (and energy) to even download them to my computer.
But, just like you, I had a good time!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I think you're right! My last run was in the heat of the day and I ran out of power early in my RPM range. I did data log the run, plus recorded the weather conditions. Just haven't had the time (and energy) to even download them to my computer.
But, just like you, I had a good time!!
I am still recovering from the weeklong 100 degree days as well myself, aint no young buck anymore. I am still learning the OBD MX features also so not totally familiar with everything I need to data log and exactly how to do it, or download to my pc to view them better.

I have to go get left front tire patched from picking up a nail in it somewhere in Pensacola, but was able to just air it up and make it home all the way from Florida to Atlanta and home to Alabama with no issues.

BD

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am still recovering from the weeklong 100 degree days as well myself, aint no young buck anymore. I am still learning the OBD MX features also so not totally familiar with everything I need to data log and exactly how to do it, or download to my pc to view them better.

I have to go get left front tire patched from picking up a nail in it somewhere in Pensacola, but was able to just air it up and make it home all the way from Florida to Atlanta and home to Alabama with no issues.

BD
Always nice to bring something home from a trip... even if it's a nail! You may want to keep it or build it into your next fab project!?? Even after making several trips to the scrap yard, I still have a pile of metal from years of projects. I keep telling myself that I'm going to fab a lamp or something useful one day... lol!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well, didn't think to ask the ford dealer who fixed the tire with a plug/patch for the screw I found in the center of the tire after I took it off the car. The small wire I thought was the culprit did not penetrate into the tire, so I brought home two pieces of scrap metal in one tire. :(

But I was glad to let them keep the scrap metal since the repair did not cost me a single penny. It's nice to have a great relationship with my local dealer and I guess is why this is my 4th car purchase from them. There are actually some good dealerships still out there. (y):cool:

BD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts