Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 ecoboost base coupe,auto
95 Posts
I was running my 91 fastback in the Fun Ford events back in the 90's, had a fun time doing it.......! My friend Stan Allen runs a mustang with the black sheep mafia crew.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Been to that drag strip when I was going with my friend with his A/SA 69 camaro. They always put us in the mud when we went! This was nation NHRA events!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the fastest time in your class? Who is the fastest? Pro-tree heads up, who ever get to finish line first?
I just made a test pass along side the class, 3 time champion, he's the fastest of the regular points racer.
We run a pro tree.
In elimination we run with a handicap.
Ecoboost (8228) in left lane, Coyote (3) in right lane.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Coyote in the left line, Ecoboost in the right lane.

2nd test run was a 1/4 second slower. I came off the line in 1st gear at 1740 RPM and then the tranny shifted at a little over 5000k...no idea why? I crossed the line in 7th gear, which has never happened before!??

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coyote in the right lane, Ecoboost in the left lane
Improved my Reaction Time and 60', but slowed down from the 330' mark to the finish line. But the SST Super Stang class qualifies on reaction time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So I thought your class was all ecoboost mustangs running heads-up! But your running on dial-in on window and a pro tree! Them GT's must give you head start big time! So tighten up the reaction time and watch those dudes with the GT's red light!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NMRA held an Ecoboost event a few years ago, but due to poor attendance they haven't sponsored anything since. Not that they aren't willing, but it's going to take a group of committed Ecoboost Racers and a corporate sponsor, like a Pro Tuner or Aftermarket Parts vendor, etc.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So I thought your class was all ecoboost mustangs running heads-up! But your running on dial-in on window and a pro tree! Them GT's must give you head start big time! So tighten up the reaction time and watch those dudes with the GT's red light!
My personal best reaction time with this Mustang (on a pro tree) has been .069 of a second. I don't really know what I can do to cut a better light!??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Let me find my picture of my 1991 hatchback I raced in FF events! I had a blast doing it also!
Protree and first to finish line!
Never madfe it past third round! LOL!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

FYI: Stats from the 1st round of NMRA's SST / Super Stang class. Open to Ecoboost, V6 and V8 Mustangs from 2005 to present.
*DI / Dial In can not be changed once competition begins (and rounds are a few hours apart throughout the day, so the DA and track conditions are going to change).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts