Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm from Upstate NY, Central NY, Syracuse, NY and Soon-To-Be EB Mustang owner (car is on order).
I am obviously an owner now. Car is in storage. For those in driving distance to Watkins Glen, the New York Mustang group is meeting up there on Sunday, April 9th, at 11am to take in some pace laps around the track. The event is on FB here: NY Mustangs Watkins Glen opening weekend

Here's hoping for Spring weather with clean and dry roads.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You can't get any more northeast than Maine without leaving the US.

Reactions: ststang

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
You guys driving these year-round up there? How is that working out?
I live south east of Boston and I drive mine year round. With a set of dedicated winter tires it is better than FWD on all seasons, even better than AWD on worn all seasons.

When I got my license all there was was RWD and everyone did just fine. In high school an college I used to plow the parking lot of the plaza where the service station I worked at was located with a 2wd pickup.

Driving in snow and slop is 80% about the tires and 20% the drivetrain configuration.

Dave

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Blizzak snow tires on all 4 corners, about a hundred pounds of ballast over the rear axle, and go easy on the pedals. No issues at all through 2 winters.

Oh, and if you get stuck in snow, turn off the traction control; it's designed to keep you on the road at highway speeds, not pull you out of a snow bank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blizzak snow tires on all 4 corners, about a hundred pounds of ballast over the rear axle, and go easy on the pedals. No issues at all through 2 winters.

Oh, and if you get stuck in snow, turn off the traction control; it's designed to keep you on the road at highway speeds, not pull you out of a snow bank.

Good to know. Yeah I’m curious about this switch to rwd since I’ve had awd for over a decade.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts