Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Barely hear or not at all? i have same BOV. one time after fiddling around with it i thought i seated the harness properly but actually didn't fully engage. it looked plugged in, felt plugged in, but wasn't plugged in. just mentioning in hopes its something simple and silly and not a solenoid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I remember reading on the facebook group that the nx2 was a lot quieter than the stock turbo it could be that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Barely hear or not at all? i have same BOV. one time after fiddling around with it i thought i seated the harness properly but actually didn't fully engage. it looked plugged in, felt plugged in, but wasn't plugged in. just mentioning in hopes its something simple and silly and not a solenoid.
Barely hear it

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you're building boost pressure I don't see how a different turbo would result in zero BOV sound. Are you seeing boost building in your gauges? Is your power down at all? You might have a loose charge pipe or like others have mentioned a plug that just needs to be pushed another micrometer to make proper contact.

Also, how do you like that bov when it's functioning properly, I'm thinking about swapping out my GFB DV+ for one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you're building boost pressure I don't see how a different turbo would result in zero BOV sound. Are you seeing boost building in your gauges? Is your power down at all? You might have a loose charge pipe or like others have mentioned a plug that just needs to be pushed another micrometer to make proper contact.

Also, how do you like that bov when it's functioning properly, I'm thinking about swapping out my GFB DV+ for one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
So bov is great and was great... Car made almost 400 whp but wastegate got maxed out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts