Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Learn something new every day! Thought the "burble" was a Pro Tune add on... As for stage 2, you should be clear to install it, now that you have your Intercooler. You may want to also, pull your plugs, clean and re-gap them (save $40).
Alrighty, I thought I saw somewhere that the plugs I ordered from tune plus could not be gaped do to some special process. I will try Stage 2 here in a little and let you know how it goes! Thanks for the help! Any idea how to upload my datalogs here? Says something about the file not having an allowed extension.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
These plugs can be gapped. Nothing special about them. You just have to be careful that's all.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Alrighty, I thought I saw somewhere that the plugs I ordered from tune plus could not be gaped do to some special process. I will try Stage 2 here in a little and let you know how it goes! Thanks for the help! Any idea how to upload my datalogs here? Says something about the file not having an allowed extension.
Can't help you on downloading the data logs. I tried several times with no success. Sorry!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Learn something new every day! Thought the "burble" was a Pro Tune add on... As for stage 2, you should be clear to install it, now that you have your Intercooler. You may want to also, pull your plugs, clean and re-gap them (save $40).
I'm not sure the OP really answered your question, or if he's leaving something out... Is there a pro tune involved here or not? I didn't think you could buy a burble add-on by itself either. Definitely confused...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm not sure the OP really answered your question, or if he's leaving something out... Is there a pro tune involved here or not? I didn't think you could buy a burble add-on by itself either. Definitely confused...
Yes you can buy a burble tune add-on by itself. You just purchase it then let PD tuning know what OTS Cobb tune you want.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Yes you can buy a burble tune add-on by itself. You just purchase it then let PD tuning know what OTS Cobb tune you want.
Interesting... Then when you switch to stage 2, will you need to get your burble modified or by switching to stage 2 eliminate the burble?
And how does a burble tune affect the performance of your engine/transmission??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Interesting... Then when you switch to stage 2, will you need to get your burble modified or by switching to stage 2 eliminate the burble?
And how does a burble tune affect the performance of your engine/transmission??
Yes after switching to stage 2 the burble is now gone. I wasn’t expecting to move to stage 2 so soon and instead of purchasing the burble tune again I’ll most likely go with a pro tune soon once I get this misfire issue figured out.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
I have a pro tune with a burble tune. Had it 2 or 3 years now. No issues so far. Can even have more then one map with it. You just can't have one map with and one map without for some reason.

I haven't got a clue what my BHP as the AP best BHP should really be a feature that should be removed and as such taken with a pinch of salt. My torque however is over 500 ft lbs

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
I suppose this I can do it this way.
Data log1: DATALOG1
Data log2: DATALOG2
You have some crazy retarded timing on cylinder 1 almost 15 degrees at one point. Your intake air temps are high and your charge temps higher meaning your IC is possible heat soaking I don't believe it's working very well at all tbh

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You have some crazy retarded timing on cylinder 1 almost 15 degrees at one point. Your intake air temps are high and your charge temps higher meaning your IC is possible heat soaking I don't believe it's working very well at all tbh
What could be the cause of the retarded timing? I’m going to pressure test my coolant system today as I did notice a while ago that I had a very slow coolant leak somewhere that causes my fluid level to go down but never enough to have to fill up, still above the min line. Also I would imagine an intercooler doesn’t just not work, and I don’t notice any noise that would indicate a significant boost leak, I’m pulling off my bumper today to check my work.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Brake loading will allow you to feel if the engine misfires without road inputs when driving, you can go to 1/2 to 3/4 throttle for brief periods (less than 15 seconds at a time) for 2 or 3 times to see if you actually feel a misfire occurring.
A fountain of information you are. A fountain. ⛲

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
What could be the cause of the retarded timing? I’m going to pressure test my coolant system today as I did notice a while ago that I had a very slow coolant leak somewhere that causes my fluid level to go down but never enough to have to fill up, still above the min line. Also I would imagine an intercooler doesn’t just not work, and I don’t notice any noise that would indicate a significant boost leak, I’m pulling off my bumper today to check my work.
Heat soak from your IC that appears to be under performing.

Worn or backed off spark plugs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Heat soak from your IC that appears to be under performing.

Worn or backed off spark plugs.
This was in about 95 degree weather if that plays a role at all. As for the spark plugs I’m going to see if I can get my hands on some today, or clean/regap the ones I have

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Yeap that would do it. I'm surprised that an upgraded IC is woefully under performing.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yes after switching to stage 2 the burble is now gone. I wasn’t expecting to move to stage 2 so soon and instead of purchasing the burble tune again I’ll most likely go with a pro tune soon once I get this misfire issue figured out.
I do not notice a misfire now and of course, as soon as I mention it the issue is seemingly mitigated or gone however I will attach the datalogs. I will double-check my work as well as have someone else look over it with me.
So, you bought a burble add-on for stage 1 and had misfires, then switched to stage 2 and the misfire issue went away? Do you think perhaps the burble tune could have been the cause of the misfires?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yeap that would do it. I'm surprised that an upgraded IC is woefully under performing.
That’s odd, it feels as though the intercooler is working wonders. The car doesn’t feel like it’s heat soaked either.
So, you bought a burble add-on for stage 1 and had misfires, then switched to stage 2 and the misfire issue went away? Do you think perhaps the burble tune could have been the cause of the misfires?
Incorrect. Both Stage 1 and Stage 2 have misfire. Burble tune doesn’t seem to have any effect what so ever on the misfire count.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
That’s odd, it feels as though the intercooler is working wonders. The car doesn’t feel like it’s heat soaked either.

Incorrect. Both Stage 1 and Stage 2 have misfire. Burble tune doesn’t seem to have any effect what so ever on the misfire count.
No doubt a lot better then OEM but still 35 degrees is only starting to get a little warm and I would expect a upgraded IC to work a lot better at reducing the charge temps tbh

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
No doubt a lot better then OEM but still 35 degrees is only starting to get a little warm and I would expect a upgraded IC to work a lot better at reducing the charge temps tbh
So do you think the intercooler is at fault or…? I don’t have grill cutout either so pretty restrictive right now.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts