Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Any idea where this leak is coming from and how much repair may be? It’s the front middle of the engine, picture is upside down. View attachment 42325
That is a common timing cover leak. Ford didnt use enough sealent around the timing cover. Easy fix. Just have a shop reseal the timing cover and that should fix the issue.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Possibly from the bolt/stud that holds the waste gate vacuum control solenoid to the upper right side of the timing cover.

Clean area with brake clean and keep close eye on the leak source. If it is the bolt/stud it can be removed, and threads cleaned along with timing cover hole with brake clean, then blow out hole with compressed air and apply RTV sealer to threads of bolt/stud and reinstall and tighten.

OIL Stain front of engine | Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum

BD

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Nathan-Can you tell me how many miles that you have on you EB? @Everyone- Does modifying your car increase the chances of this happening? Also, Has ford fixed this issue on newer ecoboost mustangs?
63k miles but it’s had this leak since I bought it, plus this engine only has about 10k miles on it as the previous owner blew the original one up and this was the warranty replacement!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Does your car have a catch can, or does it still have its stock PCV system? This oil seepage exacerbates with bad crank case pressure. I've seen bad crankcase pressure from bad catchcan setups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts