Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I’ve been a little irresponsible with my upgrades, I haven’t really stayed true to anyone company and just started buying things willy nilly!

But I don’t think the things I’ve bought are a waste,

I have 1000hp freakoboost intercooler with charge piping, Turbo Smart BOV 10psi, mishimoto CAÍ, Mishimoto Oil separator, 3in Catless turboback custom, and a Bama Performance custom tune.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction? I have only the exhaust and caí on at the moment, and I’m not sure what to do! Would appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response! I’m definitely trying to take it slow but I know the block will prove to be a challenge once I get past the 400+ range. Have you heard or what are you opinions of the Ford Performance Block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The ford performance block is just a factory replacement block it has no extra reinforcement.

Tune+ and tuned by Nishan use a closed deck 2.0 block and throw a 2.3 head and internals in it, the 2.0 block has the same bore but is much stronger due to its closed deck design, the 2.0 block has been proven to handle 600hp without issue. A passenger side engine mount adapter is used to get the 2.0 block to fit in the mustang engine bay.

Here is a direct link to tune+ shortblock page
TunePlus, Inc Built Blocks and Upgraded Cylinder Head Information

Livernois has 2 custom built shortblocks, one rated for 450hp and one rated for 600hp.
Livernois Motorsports

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I’ve gotten to the point where my pieces are coming back slowly

Currently On the Car:

Catless Turbo Back Exhaust
10PSI Waste Gate
Mishimoto CAI
Bama Custom Tune

Coming Soon:

Turbosmart Shortie BOV
Front Mount IC with charge piping 1000hp Rating

Future Mods:

Built Motor
Bigger Turbo

But even now When I go WOT the pull gets broken up, almost as though it sputters to get through the entire pull. I still don’t know what’s causing this and I’m open to any suggestions.

I’m working back and forth with the Tuners at Bama which have been amazing so far but I acknowledge that I will soon have to go to an actual dyno for proper adjustments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts