Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '18 EB with less than 20k with an unleashed 93 performance tune. I've been running it for 3 years no issues. Threw these codes a couple weeks ago, cleared them, some slightly rough starts over a week and a half and they come up again so I leave them there. I drive my car once a week or so, so only a couple starts over that time frame. I detuned the car and took it to the dealership because it's still under factory warranty. They had it for 2 days and said they can't duplicate. Should I start replacing plugs, coils and camshaft position sensor?
I'm lost as to what I should actually do, if anything.

·
Administrator
3,670 Posts
Random misfire and misfire on start up are common pointers to a blown head gasket. Are you losing any coolant?

unfortunately the code isn't pinpointing any single cylinder with an issue. If your dealer can't figure it out, try a different dealer or an independent mechanic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, no coolant. Motor is clean as a whistle. Drove it all weekend, numerous starts and stops. Even got a good stoplight to stoplight run with an SRT Charger, no problems or codes. Motor oil is clean, filter is clean, motor is very strong, catalytic converter is free flowing, fuel pump is maintaining pressure, injectors are working fine. Camshaft position sensor ohm out, so no issues there, although, that can fail without notice as well as coil packs. I'll wait till it happens again, if it does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Threw same codes this morning, white smoke, rich smelling. Cleared codes, detuned and will run it until it throws codes again and take back in. Car has full power, not pulling timing or boost, stuttered on startup but nothing else funny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts