Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short I installed the K&N 57 series CAI and my CEL came on a couple hours after. I’ve doubled check connections. Don’t want to clear the code , the intakes paperwork states it shouldn’t throw a CEL.
need more info on how to fix asap

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
So long story short I installed the K&N 57 series CAI and my CEL came on a couple hours after. I’ve doubled check connections. Don’t want to clear the code , the intakes paperwork states it shouldn’t throw a CEL.
need more info on how to fix asap
Double check the PCV connection going back to the intake. Since its "not factory", I've read accounts of that connection not seating properly. If not, you can maybe double check if you bumped the PCV connection on the throttle body when you were doing your install.

Have you installed or do you know if the car has a catch-can setup? If no, then stick to above. If nothing really found, feel free to reset the code and see if it reappears. If it does, there is something about the PCV connection the PCV system doesn't like. If you're answer is yes, then you have a few other things to verify if they are working correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double check the PCV connection going back to the intake. Since its "not factory", I've read accounts of that connection not seating properly. If not, you can maybe double check if you bumped the PCV connection on the throttle body when you were doing your install.

Have you installed or do you know if the car has a catch-can setup? If no, then stick to above. If nothing really found, feel free to reset the code and see if it reappears. If it does, there is something about the PCV connection the PCV system doesn't like. If you're answer is yes, then you have a few other things to verify if they are working correctly.
Okay cool I’ll check that out, I don’t have a catch can set up yet but I do have the C&L bov adapter installed, would that cause the code to appear?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Okay cool I’ll check that out, I don’t have a catch can set up yet but I do have the C&L bov adapter installed, would that cause the code to appear?
Yep, that code is a general vacuum leak code. Make sure the O rings are seated in the connectors and that the connectors are seated all the way down.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
What could be the worst to happen if I cleared the code ?
Double check the connection. Even if you gotta pull it off, and reseat it back on there. Like @Kent said, make sure the Oring is fitted proper and not possibly bunched somehow. If you clear the code, and it doesn't come back, then no worries. If you clear the code, and it comes back, then I would try calling K&N and explaining the problem you are having and how with the stock intake you don't get this code. Maybe they are aware and offer some quick fix like a thciker/thinner Oring? Who know, but worth a try. If you just keep resetting it, and it just keeps coming back, you risk your blowby not having anywhere to ventilate, and one of the worst things that "COULD" technically happen, is you start leaking oil out the turbo (pressure has to go someplace), and burning it in the cat (aka the whitesmoke problem).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Double check the connection. Even if you gotta pull it off, and reseat it back on there. Like @Kent said, make sure the Oring is fitted proper and not possibly bunched somehow. If you clear the code, and it doesn't come back, then no worries. If you clear the code, and it comes back, then I would try calling K&N and explaining the problem you are having and how with the stock intake you don't get this code. Maybe they are aware and offer some quick fix like a thciker/thinner Oring? Who know, but worth a try. If you just keep resetting it, and it just keeps coming back, you risk your blowby not having anywhere to ventilate, and one of the worst things that "COULD" technically happen, is you start leaking oil out the turbo (pressure has to go someplace), and burning it in the cat (aka the whitesmoke problem).
Well today randomly the CEL came off while I was driving it, maybe the computer had to cycle and recognize It. Also my keyless start started working again, everything seems fine thanks guys for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts