Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

My '16 Ecoboost is throwing a P144C code. Is it OK to drive it while I wait for the evap hose replacement?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
yes, you can drive it while waiting for the part. I had the same issue a few months ago. In my case I would clear the code and it would come back a few days later because the valve in the evap hose was sticking.

·
Registered
2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello All!

I replaced the evap unit, and used my cheap scanner and app to clear the code. The check engine light turned off, but my scanner and app still shows the P144C code as "Permanent". I'm taking the car in for an oil change and service on Monday...will they be able to clear it?

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Hello All!

I replaced the evap unit, and used my cheap scanner and app to clear the code. The check engine light turned off, but my scanner and app still shows the P144C code as "Permanent". I'm taking the car in for an oil change and service on Monday...will they be able to clear it?

Thank you!!!
You may need a specific type of ODB adapter along with an app that has the ability to 'write back'. Some 'cheap' apps like you say, may not do that. If you replaced the part, you can try using Forscan to clear the code.I know ODBFusion for the ios will also work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts