Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Its been about a week since I have had the recall for underbody heat done on the Mustang and now for the only Cel Ive had on my Stang since I bought it Pops up P1450(Unable to bleed up fuel tank Vacuum). What the heck!!! Did my search on the net and nothing helps out. The busy season is starting up at my work so it going to be afew week before I can get it back to the dealership. Anyone know what this code is or if its going to harm my Stang before I can get it looked at by them.

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Second on the fuel cap. Had that happen in my wifes mazda. We turned car off on side of road. Took fuel cap off. Put back on. Code went away after a mile or two

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya thought that too. But our cars dont have caps lol. Cleared the code and stuck in the fill spout that came with the stang. It went away and now this am it's back on.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gona put car on ramps tomorrow to see what I can see. That was one of my fears when they told me that they had to drop the fuel tank.

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts
This came after they did the heat recall?
Pinched evap hose would be my guess.

The filler is actually a cap. Wait until the door seal in the center starts messing up. There'll be a bunch of evap codes thrown. I'm going to replace mine with a standard cap if it fails once.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The code came on 2 days after the recall work was done. Thinking it was just a fluke so I cleared it and 2 days later it came on again.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Obviously, the two day time frame is what it takes for that monitor to run. I looked at the possible causes for the code on the link that Squid provided. Here they are:

Blocked EVAP canister or vent solenoid
- Kinked or collapsed hose between canister and fuel tank
- Faulty Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) sensor
- Fuel filler cap stuck closed, preventing vacuum relief

Read more: P1450 Ford Unable to Bleed Up Bleed Fuel Tank Vacuum OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com

The EVAP canister and solenoid are not in the fuel tank area, so they're not the problem. It's not likely that the fuel tank pressure sensor is bad? By virtue of the fact that the code is coming up, the sensor is connected and doing what it's supposed to do. Fuel filler cap stuck closed. Naaahhh...The car's brand new; the cap is not the problem. That leaves only one symptom...kinked or collapsed hose between canister and fuel tank. That's the only thing that has been disturbed during the recall operation. My hunch is that the technician didn't get the fuel tank down and back up correctly. Those lines are probably made out of hard plastic and can get kinked, if not handled properly.

To answer your question, that problem won't harm your vehicle. Yes...it's a total annoyance and shouldn't have happened. I recommend calling the service manager of the Ford dealership; explain the problem to him/her and set an appointment to get it repaired. If you need it, you should ask for a loaner car. They screwed up; so they should be doing backflips to satisfy you.

Again, don't worry about the code. It will be corrected after they find the EVAP problem. I'm sorry that you had a problem like this on a brand new car.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I plan on calling them tomorrow. I was hoping that it fuel filler tube was not connected right. But your probably right about a kinked line. Haven't gotten under the car to really look. But I did do a couple of wot runs and it seems like the car was a little hesitant. Could just be me cause I see a check engine light. Lol. I'll keep everyone updated on what I find out.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I guess it's really important to develop a great relationship with a quality Ford dealership. They DO exist; it's just a matter of finding them. Fortunately, my dealership is at the top of their game, so I have complete faith in them. If your dealer isn't great, shop around for another one.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree moxman. So far I have a good relationship with mines. And I know unforseen things happen. But on the bright side. It's been 2 days and no code since I cleared it. Looked under the car yesterday and nothing seems out of order but since most of the lines that would of been affected are insulated now can't tell. I did clean the fuel filler cap with parts cleaner and jammed the funnel in it a couple of times. Crossing my fingers that was it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anybody know where the Evap vent solenoid is located at. Think it up by the throttle body. Thank you

·
Registered
830 Posts
Anybody know where the Evap vent solenoid is located at. Think it up by the throttle body. Thank you
They are typically located in the engine bay, near the intake system.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you figure out what the problem was I have the same problem when ever I put gas I barley starts up
I'm not sure what they all did but after my last visit with my dealership my problem went away. Here what they did to correct my problem.
20170227_171939.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay thank you !! I'm hoping a close friend of mine can sneak me in cause I have all aftermarket parts on it and I don't wanna take it all off lol, intercooler, down pipe, straightpipe, intake, protune, charge pipes, bov, catch can

1 - 20 of 80 Posts