Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed the part and my engine light is still on. How do I get rid of the Engine light? Do I have to drive the car for a while? Also, all of my bolts were broken. I need to replace them as well to hold the part in place. By the way, the installation of the part was not bad at all. The only issue I had was the sensor would not come off easily. Other than that, it was pretty simple.
I'm a little confused here. What bolts were broken? There are two nuts and two bolts that hold the black engine cover (which hides the part) on. There is a single bolt that actually holds the part on. Were some of these broken already or did you happen to break one or more of them somehow?

You can get a CEL scanner at Walmart for about $15. (Harbor Freight usually has cheap scanners too.) It's a cheap and easy way to clear any codes and are handy for identifying any new or recurring issues should the light come on again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm a little confused here. What bolts were broken? There are two nuts and two bolts that hold the black engine cover (which hides the part) on. There is a single bolt that actually holds the part on. Were some of these broken already or did you happen to break one or more of them somehow?

You can get a CEL scanner at Walmart for about $15. (Harbor Freight usually has cheap scanners too.) It's a cheap and easy way to clear any codes and are handy for identifying any new or recurring issues should the light come on again.
I installed the part Marv!! The bolts were just broken that's all. I disconnected the battery and the CEL light is still on. What's the name of the scanner I should purchase at Walmart? I am about to go there now?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It can be something as simple as this one:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-U480-OBD2-LCD-Car-Diagnostic-Scanner-Fault-Code-Reader/478953240?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=15564&adid=22222222227134396519&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=242034976217&wl4=pla-396599000320&wl5=1016367&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=118770990&wl11=online&wl12=478953240&wl13=&veh=sem

This may only be available online, but any OBD 2 scanner will work. Just ask in the auto department and they will show you what they have. Auto Zone or other auto parts store or Harbor Freight will have a number of them to choose from as well.

Look under the driver's side dash for the socket to receive the scanner's plug. The scanner should power up when you plug it in and offer you an option to clear codes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It can be something as simple as this one:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-U480-OBD2-LCD-Car-Diagnostic-Scanner-Fault-Code-Reader/478953240?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=15564&adid=22222222227134396519&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=242034976217&wl4=pla-396599000320&wl5=1016367&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=118770990&wl11=online&wl12=478953240&wl13=&veh=sem

This may only be available online, but any OBD 2 scanner will work. Just ask in the auto department and they will show you what they have. Auto Zone or other auto parts store or Harbor Freight will have a number of them to choose from as well.

Look under the driver's side dash for the socket to receive the scanner's plug. The scanner should power up when you plug it in and offer you an option to clear codes.
Okay. I am on my way to Walmart now to ask about the scanner and will update. Thanks so much Marv!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
As a guy who fixes his own older vehicles, I purchased a Scanner that does OBD 1 and 2. It comes in handy when troubleshooting Code issues on my 30 year old Tbird and my Mustang as well. If your are going to try to repair it yourself (thanks to Youtube videos), it is a good idea to purchase an OBD scan tool.

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
Unfortunately, I don’t know anyone. What you think I should Squid?
Drive up here, if it hasn't cleared, I'll reset it and buy you a beer.

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
As a guy who fixes his own older vehicles, I purchased a Scanner that does OBD 1 and 2. It comes in handy when troubleshooting Code issues on my 30 year old Tbird and my Mustang as well. If your are going to try to repair it yourself (thanks to Youtube videos), it is a good idea to purchase an OBD scan tool.
I'm coming to your place for OBD1 scanning on my Fox bodies. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
Lol!!! Where are you? I ordered the OBD II scanner. Hopefully, it should work or I might have to drive up to where you are.
I'm 35 miles north of Dallas.
Didn't know you were going to buy one, but I would recommend the OBD2-Bluetooth scanner and Torque. You can use the app to clear codes and do all sorts of neat stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm 35 miles north of Dallas.
Didn't know you were going to buy one, but I would recommend the OBD2-Bluetooth scanner and Torque. You can use the app to clear codes and do all sorts of neat stuff.
Nice!!! I ordered a cheap one. Can you send me a link Squid and I’ll purchase that one? Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally I would like to thank everyone for helping me with this P1450 issue. As I was driving this morning, my CEL light finally went off without me having to do anything. Personally I would like to thank SQUID, MARV (Especially for telling me how to install the part), ROB1331, and MustangDan!! You all rock!!!!! Thanks again as I am so grateful because you all saved me a lot of money. This was a $300.00 repair at the dealer and I also feel like I'm a mechanic lol. Which for sure I am not!!! LOL!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
Nice!!! I ordered a cheap one. Can you send me a link Squid and I’ll purchase that one? Thanks.
There is a torque thread on the forum here, but I'll do some poking around and see what I can find.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm coming to your place for OBD1 scanning on my Fox bodies. :D
Yep, I have the connector for it. It is the same as my Thunderbird!

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately, both of the parts shown above don't match what I see in the photo above or under the hood.
Mike, yours is the same wrong part I bought. It's for the V6 and V8.
Squid, your part is the vent solenoid and I'm looking for the purge solenoid.

I was able to secure the proper part today at my local Ford parts counter.
It looks exactly like what I see under the hood.
Hose - Fuel Vapour - Ford - FR3Z-9G297-C
It is an assembly that includes the valve and the line running from the valve to the intake.
$57.64 plus tax.
Now that I know the part number, I see them cheaper on eBay and from other sources, but I'm just happy to have the part in hand. And I didn't have to pay shipping.

Assuming you have already removed the black engine cover hiding it (2 bolts and 2 nuts at opposing corners of the cover), it appears you simply unplug the electrical connector and remove a single bolt. Release the red clip on the hose at the intake and the green clip on the hose behind the valve and disconnect the assembly from the plumbing.

To install, clip the new assembly in place with the red and green clips, re-install bolt and plug in connector.

I'll know more tonight when I try to install it.
Fingers crossed.
Is this the same part for the 2015 mustang ecoboost cause I have the same problem where I fuel up and it doesn’t idle after starting it and it dies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately, both of the parts shown above don't match what I see in the photo above or under the hood.
Mike, yours is the same wrong part I bought. It's for the V6 and V8.
Squid, your part is the vent solenoid and I'm looking for the purge solenoid.

I was able to secure the proper part today at my local Ford parts counter.
It looks exactly like what I see under the hood.
Hose - Fuel Vapour - Ford - FR3Z-9G297-C
It is an assembly that includes the valve and the line running from the valve to the intake.
$57.64 plus tax.
Now that I know the part number, I see them cheaper on eBay and from other sources, but I'm just happy to have the part in hand. And I didn't have to pay shipping.

Assuming you have already removed the black engine cover hiding it (2 bolts and 2 nuts at opposing corners of the cover), it appears you simply unplug the electrical connector and remove a single bolt. Release the red clip on the hose at the intake and the green clip on the hose behind the valve and disconnect the assembly from the plumbing.

To install, clip the new assembly in place with the red and green clips, re-install bolt and plug in connector.

I'll know more tonight when I try to install it.
Fingers crossed.
Is this the same part for the 2015 mustang ecoboost cause I have

·
Registered
9 Posts
This was a great thread.... I wonder if this issue is similar to the p0006 code I have. Car idles like a diesel truck and anything above 2000 rpm the motor sounds normal. The fuel evap hose could be the solution but in not really sure...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wondering, did any of you experience a drop in boost when the valve failed?

Since the moment my CEL P1450 came on, I started seeing only ~18psi at WOT, and been having the aforementioned idle issues and all that jazz.

Just wondering if anyone else saw that symptom, as I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong) the valve hooks up to the intake manifold, and should* close when seeing positive pressure (boost), however if it failed, it could leak boost and cause issues.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts