Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped out paddle shifters? Do they shift the paddles away from the steering wheel a little? My issue with the OEM ones is that my hands are like XXX-large and hit the paddles when turning the wheel at times.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Has anyone seen a kit or where someone has done a DIY to move the paddle shifters from the steering wheel to the column? I find it very annoying any time I have to drive the wife's auto that when turning, shifting gets a bit awkward.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Has anyone seen a kit or where someone has done a DIY to move the paddle shifters from the steering wheel to the column? I find it very annoying any time I have to drive the wife's auto that when turning, shifting gets a bit awkward.
The older 13-14 Mustangs had the select shift auto trans that put the shifer buttons on the shifter stick instead of the paddle shifters on the S550's. Other then that I haven't seen anything.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Trying to shift on a hard turn, is tough, and sometimes dangerous, with the AT paddle shifters. They're really good for straight away only. I like the ECU to do its thing, in 'Sport Mode'. I feel it still allows me to control the shifting with the pedal some, like you're supposed to, as long as Im keeping the RPMS high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts