Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Awesome News, My Ford Service rep called and said they are going to pay for the New Hood. They claim since I am a great Ford customer, they will cover under warranty.
Now I just have to leave my damn house , to get my car to the dealership....lol
And here is really a great example of why, even if you 'mod' the car, you can still get a "fairshake" on a warranty claim, as long as you've been exhibiting that you are a "Ford customer" (aka taking it for regular maintenance, etc). Great job on taking the initiative to contact Ford directly. Customer Service ALSO has access to your VIN and maintenance. Glad you got it sorted out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
And here is really a great example of why, even if you 'mod' the car, you can still get a "fairshake" on a warranty claim, as long as you've been exhibiting that you are a "Ford customer" (aka taking it for regular maintenance, etc). Great job on taking the initiative to contact Ford directly. Customer Service ALSO has access to your VIN and maintenance. Glad you got it sorted out.
Thank you very much

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost.
My corrosion warranty expired 3 months ago. What timing! Now I have to spend ~$3000 for a manufacturing defect?!? And, of course they said they are documenting this (Wow, I am so grateful!). I plan to sell the car and never become Ford customer ever again! View attachment 37808

·
Registered
529 Posts
Had this on my Australian delivered 2017 Mustang. 2 spots on the hood. Covered under warranty.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Last month my 2016 got it's "brand new no cost to me hood" at 86k miles & 4.5 years old.

The body shop manager was not aware until now that Ford was doing the hood replacement on Mustangs. They have however done quite a few on 2016-2017 Explorers.

Bonus for me is I had bought the $424.11 MSRP hood & bumper cover stripe set (back when I was not aware of the warranty and thinking I was going to replace the hood myself) and I was reimbursed for it. I paid $306.37 delivered and they gave me a check back for $332.50 ... a $26.13 profit !!

Plus, they sent it out to have the stripes put on and since the car was low on fuel (maybe 25 mi to E) they put a few gallons of free gas in it too.

Paint job is top notch & paint match is dead on. Stripe installation looks as good as the original too. Could not be happier with the result.

Doug

BEFORE pics are of the ugliness it had advanced to:

Hood-Corrosion1-062920.JPG Hood-Corrosion2-062920.JPG

Reactions: zhent
21 - 26 of 26 Posts