Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,237 Posts
That doesn't look like a rock chip. The paint appear to be peeled off completely. Paint has no warranty.

As bad as that looks you're going to have to talk to a body shop about repair/repaint. There's not going to be a do-it-yourself solution unless you're an automotive painter, and then you wouldn't be asking here.

Where are you driving that you're getting rock chips this bad?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That doesn't look like a rock chip. The paint appear to be peeled off completely. Paint has no warranty.

As bad as that looks you're going to have to talk to a body shop about repair/repaint. There's not going to be a do-it-yourself solution unless you're an automotive painter, and then you wouldn't be asking here.

Where are you driving that you're getting rock chips this bad?
I live in Georgia, not sure what has caused this. It’s gradually getting worse

·
Super Moderator
3,237 Posts
Maybe my question wasn't specific enough.

Is all of your driving on unimproved gravel roads? construction areas? Offroad? You have to be driving in places where rocks are getting kicked up at you a lot. Increasing your following distances in traffic would help avoid them. I've never seen paint peeling this badly on a Mustang. GM used to have some problems with this on certain vehicles in the 80's and 90's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe my question wasn't specific enough.

Is all of your driving on unimproved gravel roads? construction areas? Offroad? You have to be driving in places where rocks are getting kicked up at you a lot. Increasing your following distances in traffic would help avoid them. I've never seen paint peeling this badly on a Mustang. GM used to have some problems with this on certain vehicles in the 80's and 90's.
I am driving on regular paved roads. Never gravel. Maybe has been repainted. As I’m never on off-road or any different conditions

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If Ford has a lick of sense, they won't want one of their products driving around where the whole world can see the crappy paint job. There's nothing to lose by going to a dealer and giving them a chance to make it right, even if it's not supposed to be warrantied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts