Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need a bit more help.
i have a 2016 mustang ecoboost premium.
Everytime i put in reverse, the rear camera has a car with a ! in the top right corner, and that does not go away. It also says check park aid between the rpms and speedometer. anyone know how i can fix this?

pictures are of the problem

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
On the earlier model s550's the wire harness running through the trunk to the back up camera was run with out enough slack to properly allow the trunk lid to open.
The end result was that after multiple open/close cycles of the trunk lid the wires inside the harness would tear apart.

Relevant videos below.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the earlier model s550's the wire harness running through the trunk to the back up camera was run with out enough slack to properly allow the trunk lid to open.
The end result was that after multiple open/close cycles of the trunk lid the wires inside the harness would tear apart.

Relevant videos below.

The problem isnt my camera, the camera works fine. Its the rear park aid thats not working.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The problem isnt my camera, the camera works fine. Its the rear park aid thats not working.
The park aid message alone just means you need to enable the system according to the manual.

"If your car is equipped with the Park Aid System, you may see a warning reading “Check park aid” displayed in the message center. If you do, it means that the Park Aid system has been disabled. You’ll need to enable the system to clear the message.

This message will only display if you put the car in Reverse and the Park Aid system is not activated "

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The park aid message alone just means you need to enable the system according to the manual.

"If your car is equipped with the Park Aid System, you may see a warning reading “Check park aid” displayed in the message center. If you do, it means that the Park Aid system has been disabled. You’ll need to enable the system to clear the message.

This message will only display if you put the car in Reverse and the Park Aid system is not activated "

How do i enable it? When I check to see if its turne don while the car is in park, the box is white and has a check mark in it. When i put it in reverse, the box goes grey and empty.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
From what you describe it is enabled but fails to initialize when activated, this indicates a loose or damaged connector on one of the sensors.
This issue will require examination of the connections on the inside of the bumper, if you are still under bumper to bumper warranty it will be covered otherwise an independent shop should be able to get it fixed fairly cheap, the sensors themselves are pretty robust so a connector issue is likely.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what you describe it is enabled but fails to initialize when activated, this indicates a loose or damaged connector on one of the sensors.
This issue will require examination of the connections on the inside of the bumper, if you are still under bumper to bumper warranty it will be covered otherwise an independent shop should be able to get it fixed fairly cheap, the sensors themselves are pretty robust so a connector issue is likely.

Ah ok. Ill have to get it checked out then. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bit late but I found the problem. It was that the plug in the bumper was not connected haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts